Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus christ, boxing is such a great sport ruined by some absolute horseshit decision making.

Unfortunately the shitful moments of boxing have always been as much a part of the sport as the glorious.

Love it despite the shite.

Unfortunately the shitful moments of boxing have always been as much a part of the sport as the glorious.

Love it despite the sh*te.

You see the shite from the Moloney fight and then 25 minutes later, Crawford reminds you of how great it is.

Watching 2 guys slug it out for a few rounds or even 12 is one thing. Watching someone not get touched and then strike so brutally is why I love the sport.

I love watching old Mayweather fights, even though on face value they are somewhat boring. But the way he defends and evades, but his opponent's head keeps snapping back is mind boggling.

My all time favourite is Tszyu v Judah. Judah was so much faster, but had a glass jaw. Kostya worked him out in about 90 seconds despite seeming under pressure, and the ending was perfect.

For anyone who didn't see it, it was the most ****ed thing I've ever seen.

28 minutes after the fight was stopped it was rules a no contest.
They spent 28 minutes re watching the first round, literally we watched the whole first round 3 times over, then spent 15 minutes with NSAC saying it's been isolated to 1.30 in the first, then they'd re watch that and nothing, then NSAC would say it's 10 seconds earlier, then watch it and nothing.
Then they said it was at 2.10 a clear and significant headbutt, then they watched it and nothing. Commentators were losing their minds. I've never seen anything like that

Its legit like if in soccer there was a penalty awarded, and they spent 27 minutes seeing if there was any contact even though the bloke was standing by himself for the whole ******* game.

As a casual fan even i can see this sport has turned into a compete farce
The reply boss surname was Byrd
Not related to that Adelaide Byrd from that other farcical decision early this year??
Husband of Adelaide who constantly turns in bad cards as a judge in both UFC and boxing. Has done for years

Both 100 years old. Robert Byrd recently didn't hear a bell as referee, fighters stopped because they heard it and he told the corners off for entering the ring. How these people are so involved in Vegas is just blatant incompetence and friends giving friends jobs. It's insane

******* robbed our boy the campaigners. Denied him a place in history. But as mentioned with Bryd as a last name that explains everything.

Franco and his crew are a bunch of dogs too.

Am I the only one finding out that this fight will be just sparring?

Dana White was asked about it and he had no idea there were all these rules. Apparently legally you can't even gamble on it.

How do you have a no knockout rule? Does that mean you can be arrested for assault if you swing too hard? Lol.

Dana White was asked about it and he had no idea there were all these rules. Apparently legally you can't even gamble on it.

How do you have a no knockout rule? Does that mean you can be arrested for assault if you swing too hard? Lol.
I’ll feel ripped off watching this on stream.

The promoters must have tried to keep this as quiet as possible.

I’ll feel ripped off watching this on stream.

The promoters must have tried to keep this as quiet as possible.
Apparently California wouldn't licence it, but why wouldn't you just host it somewhere that does then lol.

I don't think Tyson and Jones will stick to the rules anyway but it's very strange.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet the draw at $11 before these rules were formalized. I knew it'd be a sparring match between 2 old guys

Pretty annoyed they've spelt the rules out now that a draw is the only option and my bet will be void

This will bomb on PPV. I hope the fighters have purse guarantees and not a sales % because 25% of $400 PPV sales won't pay their bills...

Was hilarious watching his reaction in the presser, complete joke

a true exhibition. Gonna be like Creed vs Drago and one of them will end up getting killed. The cornermen, a cornermen, should throw in the towell but won't. The fighter that dies will have their cornermen step in for a rematch in honour of the deceased.

Gonna happen.

The promoter is claiming now those rules aren't fact. Knockdowns are allowed, betting it is allowed and there'll be a winner announced by commentary as judges

It's a cluster * but it isn't as bad as first thought. It isn't worth buying either way though...

I might be a bit on my lonesome on this, but I'd be happier if Jones and Tyson aren't too invested in knocking the stuffing out of each other.

Neither have anything to prove, but both have more to lose.

Having said that, the confusion about what the event actually is and what people are meant to be paying for isn't great, but I suppose the story of two old blokes rediscovering their love of boxing via a glorified sparring session won't attract as many buyers.

I'm not interested in paying to watch it, but am slightly curious to see whether Tyson looks anywhere near as good against an opponent as he does hitting the pads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back