Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
There were 55000 people on a single twitch stream of this fight. Safe to say people cared, but no way near enough to pay...

Hunt no cardio cost him. He landed better, Gallen landed more but giving Gall 5 rounds i disagree with. Closer to Hunt 5 than gallen

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My river has gone to s**t.

I honestly believe the promoters pay some campaigner to put up dodgy streams which work right until the main fights.

This fight is a cluster fu**. If casuals like this theyd love real boxing... fu** knows why youd prefer to see footy players fight instead of fighters

Rather see two skilled nobodies than a Hollywood exhibition, say that as a casual too.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Rather see two skilled nobodies than a Hollywood exhibition, say that as a casual too.
The ref ruined that fight by not separating them faster. Shouldnt be 30-40 seconds in the clinch like gallen got. Yes hunt shouldnt let him but its on the ref to break...

Hunt rocked Gall twice, didnt really follow up. He didnt care at the decision either, just a pay day for him.

Put Gallen in with Huni next. Make the kid a star overnight

Im done. Cbf with the main event, internet here is too s**t to keep up atm. Will follow the thread for result

My river has gone to sh*t.

I honestly believe the promoters pay some campaigner to put up dodgy streams which work right until the main fights.
I know you're joking but just in case you are wondering why it's all the other *ers jumping on at the same time to stream too. So it takes up more of the sites bandwidth. Always happens for the bigger fights.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
One last thing. ******* bone head announcer even stuffed up the card reading. Where was the suspense?!

Dont read names unless its a split. If its not a split read 3x scores then announce winner. Idiot

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Told ya. nd you guys were hating on the other fella who also tipped Gallen.

Kickboxing
UFC
Boxing

All different arts and different ways you throw and move. Most of you don't know s**t.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know you're joking
You don't know that. I'm more off the reservation with my conspiracy theories than 99% of so-called conspiracy theorists.

By the way, since I'm banned from the North board, this is my first chance to ask a fellow North fan.

What do you think of the coach signing and the draft picks? I have to say I'm excited about next season.

Just hope they take the captaincy off Jack.

One last thing. ******* bone head announcer even stuffed up the card reading. Where was the suspense?!

Dont read names unless its a split. If its not a split read 3x scores then announce winner. Idiot

Lol yep, seems like only half the crowd twigged to that.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Told ya. nd you guys were hating on the other fella who also tipped Gallen.

Kickboxing
UFC
Boxing

All different arts and different ways you throw and move. Most of you don't know sh*t.
He lost but it sets up Gallen v SBW which is what promoters want and now get.

Gallen is ******* terrible and his fights suck. Lunge in, hold, wait for ref to break, rabbit punch, repeat. Hes s**t. If i havent explained it well enough, hes a god awful boxer who cant box and is s**t at boxing

Hunt should be embarrassed by letting it get close. He landed the far better shots but no cardio let an active goon squeak by

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Mate Australian boxing is dead in the mainstream. Average Joe would struggle to name three current boxers. Australia needs these gimmick fights to generate interest because the sport is an extreme niche in this country. It's why things like Macgregor v Mayweather and stuff like this or Hall v Gallen will always generate more buzz here than Good fighter A vs Good fighter B.

But it’s not dead as the fights before hunt / gall were pearlers on the undercard. We have some potential on the genuine world scene starting with Z tonight .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back