Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

But it’s not dead as the fights before hunt / gall were pearlers on the undercard. We have some potential on the genuine wold scene starting with Z tonight .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I said the mainstream interest is dead in Aus. The viewership tonight is boosted enormously by these gimmick fights like Hunt v Gallen, they know they need it.

Tszyu becoming more prominent in world titles obviously helps if that becomes the case in future fights.

tenor.gif

I said the mainstream interest is dead in Aus. The viewership tonight is boosted enormously by these gimmick fights like Hunt v Gallen, they know they need it.

Tszyu becoming more prominent in world titles obviously helps if that becomes the case in future fights.

Yeah cool. Responded a bit quick. It’s like moto gp and other sports not rept here or on channel7 .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Disappointing end to the night but overall there was some good fighting, glad I didn't pay $60, but those who did were not ripped off imho.

Huni will also help aus boxing masssively in terms of viewership everyone loves a heavyweight fight.

Whys everyone surprised morgan is a bum in terms of boxing, has a massively inflated record from fighting even bigger bums.

Told ya. nd you guys were hating on the other fella who also tipped Gallen.

Kickboxing
UFC
Boxing

All different arts and different ways you throw and move. Most of you don't know sh*t.

Mate having read most of your opinions on Martial Arts you don't know s**t about fights.

I wouldn't be surprised if you don't know who Mark Hunt is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the economics, just disappointing. It's like paying extra to watch Ronaldo play cricket because he's famous rather than Travis Head...

There aren't many sports where this would happen. It makes sense for promoters, just sucks for the actually skillful boxers. Still, this is better than those Paul sideshows

Actually though in your example, I bet if Ronaldo made himself available for the IPL he'd probably make good money. Or if Floyd signed up to play Baseball in Japan etc.

It's celebrity status.

Pretty surprised, Gallen was very tough and his fitness told the story in the end (also Hunt showboating thinking he had it won in the second). I actually had the fight a draw but whatever, it was pretty close, few rounds could have gone either way.

Also Tszyu looked great clearly, his opponent was nowhere near his level but he still did what he needed to.

Good night of fights overall, bad loss for Jackson that's for sure.

According to the wbo tex has to fight castano early January or he will be stripped and they will make it Tim vs castano with tex as number one contender

Tim calling for his title fight to be in Sydney

Got into it after the fight with zeraffa

According to the wbo tex has to fight castano early January or he will be stripped and they will make it Tim vs castano with tex as number one contender

Tim calling for his title fight to be in Sydney

Got into it after the fight with zeraffa

Really, I missed that, any detail?

And it's a fair call to have Tszyu's next fight in Sydney, they'll be able to have a crowd and I'd doubt they can in the US.

And it's a fair call to have Tszyu's next fight in Sydney, they'll be able to have a crowd and I'd doubt they can in the US.
Apparently heated discussion maybe a push and shove

On the broadcast they interviewed zeraffa and he basically made out Tim will smash Bowen but he’s running scared of me

According to 9

During his post-fight chat Tszyu was asked about his future and if he would fight Michael Zerafa, who was in the crowd. He said a world title fight is the only fight he wants next.

As he was leaving the arena cameras caught Tszyu speaking to Zerafa. Both men were animated while speaking to one another, with a bit of finger pointing but nothing major.

Twitter probably overhyped it

According to 9

During his post-fight chat Tszyu was asked about his future and if he would fight Michael Zerafa, who was in the crowd. He said a world title fight is the only fight he wants next.

As he was leaving the arena cameras caught Tszyu speaking to Zerafa. Both men were animated while speaking to one another, with a bit of finger pointing but nothing major.

Twitter probably overhyped it

Fair enough. I think Zerafa is probably pissed off that he missed the boat there, Tszyu has clearly gone past him now. At least Tim knows he's got that to fall back on if he loses once he gets on the world stage.

While politicians are big dicking each other over borders and quarantine I'm not sure Tim can get a world title here. No top guy is going to come and spend 14 days in a hotel room unable to train properly...

I think sadly we will get Tim v Zerafa next (on PPV of course because that's worth $60 /s).

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I could have sworn Tim had a deal with Tex before Castano but something happened?

Anyway, according to boxrec Tex/Castano is on for Feb 2021

You don't know that. I'm more off the reservation with my conspiracy theories than 99% of so-called conspiracy theorists.

By the way, since I'm banned from the North board, this is my first chance to ask a fellow North fan.

What do you think of the coach signing and the draft picks? I have to say I'm excited about next season.

Just hope they take the captaincy off Jack.

Its hard for me to say. I don't really follow it much outside of the actual football matches. Noble seems okay from what I've seen and a few of the draftees look really good. Im certainly more excited for this season than I was last, but who knows what can happen. I too hope the take the captaincy off of Jack. He wont be best 22 by end of year and arguably isn't currently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back