Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I actually lol'd that Jake Paul was mentioned as the betting favourite. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
The logic is hilarious, Askren wasn't a world class striker so therefore he must be s**t at it. Ignoring the fact that he's still stood in a cage with killers for 15 years, been world champion and atleast done some boxing training for every match he's fought.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The logic is hilarious, Askren wasn't a world class striker so therefore he must be sh*t at it. Ignoring the fact that he's still stood in a cage with killers for 15 years, been world champion and atleast done some boxing training for every match he's fought.
There's all that, then there's the counter reasoning "simply go back and watch him being outstruck by Damien Maia". Yeesh!

Also, for some reason the fact that Mark Hunt lost against Paul bloody Gallen recently - just firmly places in my mind that.. you just never know haha.

But in all honesty - I wouldn't even watch it. I didn't bother with Hunt v Gallen and I wouldn't with this tbh.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good fight so far. Garcia has fast hands, but hes all hands. Little head movement, feet flat, bit sloppy. Hard to set things up against higher calibre opponents like this

Recovered well from the knockdown though.

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
Good fight so far. Garcia has fast hands, but hes all hands. Little head movement, feet flat, bit sloppy. Hard to set things up against higher calibre opponents like this

Recovered well from the knockdown though.
He won every round except #2.

Campbell looked strong, right up until that nasty body shot, and reckon he might have strengthened as the fight went on.

Lot to like about Garcia.

Look beyond the (considerable) hype, he's a good developing fighter.

Maybe not but everyone said he wasn’t ready for Campbell either.

Plus Campbell is a better scalp than anyone on Davis’ resume.

Garcia was a solid favourite, very few people suggested that Campbell would win.

But there were undoubtedly question marks over Garcia before the fight.

He's shown that he can battle through adversity, maintain composure etc. The body shot was smart: Campbell was otherwise doing a great job of covering up, but Garcia found a weak/exposed spot.

Still, it'll be interesting to see Garcia against a more powerful offensive fighter.

I also wonder about his reaction time. He has fast hands himself, but didn't seem so fast in responding to Campbell's jab and hook.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Maybe not but everyone said he wasn’t ready for Campbell either.

Plus Campbell is a better scalp than anyone on Davis’ resume.
Christ knows what Campbell was doing after the kd, counters were there. Garcia has fast hands but needs more, move the feet, set things up, alot of arm punches relying on speed. High ceiling, hope he isnt drinking his bath water too much and looks to improve. He can be something special with the right mindset

Hearn says him v Haney will be ordered. Cant stand Haney so Garcia wins a mega fan in me with a finish

Also exciting that George Kambosos Jr is the IBF mandatory for Teofimo Lopez, and both camps seem keen on bringing it to Sydney or Melbourne.

Don't give George any chance, but there aren't many occasions when we get to see someone of Teofimo's caliber in this country, so I'd be angling to get a seat to that one.

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
Also exciting that George Kambosos Jr is the IBF mandatory for Teofimo Lopez, and both camps seem keen on bringing it to Sydney or Melbourne.

Don't give George any chance, but there aren't many occasions when we get to see someone of Teofimo's caliber in this country, so I'd be angling to get a seat to that one.
Dreaming.
You really think they’ll come down?

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
We could do a stadium show, they'll need to bubble. Its an extra $2-5M in ticket sales plus Sunday is perfect for American prime time.

Bob said hes interested in it. Teo would pocket more in front of a crowd, not sure why the idea would be so quickly dismissed

Hard to say what will happen with certainty.

As a boxing fan, I'd rather Teofimo fight Haney for the other belt. As a selfish boxing fan, I want to see Teofimo fight in Australia.

Teofimo wants the other belt (Haney), but I'm not sure he wants to give up the IBF belt or the cash to make it happen immediately. And as the article points out, Kambosos would have to agree, and he'd need to be enticed with money.

At this stage, Lopez-Kambosos in Australia feels 60/40 with Bob Arum's backing.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Teo wants $10M for Haney, Hearn already said that's no chance
Teo has a mandatory (a pretty easy one too), might as well take that fight, secure a KO, and an easy envelope.

Teo v Kambosos
Moloney v Franco
Moloney v xyz (probably no one special but get him back in the win column)
2 local fighters who throw down. Telford/Foley/Brubaker for example

Be massive for Aussie boxing. If it happened (I still lean towards it not despite it making sense with crowds), I'd hope it's not in Sydney. I can't stand Sydney haha

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Update

Also, ESPN in the states won't show any fights through March due to other sports on so don't expect many big fights out of the US until April. Matchroom releasing a 6 date schedule soon with Whyte/Povetkin on for March. Hopefully they surprise with an AJ/Fury date but more chance seeing the queens nipples i think

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Boxing kind of in the swing of things this week. Fulton/Leo is a good fight on Sunday

Fulton was a heavy favourite when this was supposed to have happened but since then Leo had a solid performance. Fulton $1.60 fav now so oddsmakers expect a close one. Will likely clash with Conor/Poirer but hoping to catch a replay if it's a good fight. I've bet Fulton too so keen interest in the result

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Canelo returns Feb 27 v Avni Yildirim. Nothing fight but sets up BJS afterwards as he has a 2 fight deal with Matchroom.

More importantly, Jacob 'the Flamingo' NG returns in March (27th i think)! Should be on Fox Sports

Back