Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Parker/Fa is a pretty poor fight. If youre going to do 3 national anthems and a 40 min break before the main, make it worth it. Dull so far through 7

Parker isnt elite. Above average at best

Well the Canelo fight was as one-sided as expected. 3 rounds of target practice.

Parker/Fa is a pretty poor fight. If youre going to do 3 national anthems and a 40 min break before the main, make it worth it. Dull so far through 7

Parker isnt elite. Above average at best

Disagree about Parker, I think he's world class, he was on his way back against Whyte. He may have had a chance against Joshua as well if the ref had allowed some clinching, that reffing was a disgrace.

Well the Canelo fight was as one-sided as expected. 3 rounds of target practice.

Was watching the UFC on delay but had that on my other screen, looked like a flogging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree about Parker, I think he's world class, he was on his way back against Whyte. He may have had a chance against Joshua as well if the ref had allowed some clinching, that reffing was a disgrace.
Far from elite. He beats none of the top 3 (the elite), i think he loses to Usyk for sure as well. I think hes Chisora level and based on what we saw Friday, he doesnt beat Delboy easily...

That isnt elite. Id even lean Joyce against him tbh and id like to see Hrgovic fight him. Hes just too basic and hasnt improved since the Ruis fight. He isnt a prospect anymore, this is the finished product.

Far from elite. He beats none of the top 3 (the elite), i think he loses to Usyk for sure as well. I think hes Chisora level and based on what we saw Friday, he doesnt beat Delboy easily...

That isnt elite. Id even lean Joyce against him tbh and id like to see Hrgovic fight him. Hes just too basic and hasnt improved since the Ruis fight. He isnt a prospect anymore, this is the finished product.

I think Usyk would be a good fight for Parker to be honest, and I feel like he's better than Chisora. He was coming back against Whyte (i actually missed the first half of that fight) and the reffing wasn't great against Joshua. I mean he still probably loses but he didn't get a chance to clinch at all, and I also think this is possibly the best AJ performance I've seen.

He's still not 30 yet and HWs tend to mature later, I feel like he's got some improvement in him. COVID might mean he has to fight Lucas Browne at some point, wish that happened a few years ago.

And funny you mention the Ruiz fight, i had Ruiz winning that on points, was thinking Parker is no good if this fat fella can beat him. i certainly didn't know Ruiz was that good at the time ha ha

I think Usyk would be a good fight for Parker to be honest, and I feel like he's better than Chisora. He was coming back against Whyte (i actually missed the first half of that fight) and the reffing wasn't great against Joshua. I mean he still probably loses but he didn't get a chance to clinch at all, and I also think this is possibly the best AJ performance I've seen.

He's still not 30 yet and HWs tend to mature later, I feel like he's got some improvement in him. COVID might mean he has to fight Lucas Browne at some point, wish that happened a few years ago.

And funny you mention the Ruiz fight, i had Ruiz winning that on points, was thinking Parker is no good if this fat fella can beat him. i certainly didn't know Ruiz was that good at the time ha ha
For Parker to improve he needs a new team which he won't do
He hasn't improved for years so while he may mature, it's unlikely. He hasn't added any new skills for ages

Did you see the fight Friday? Don't look for a replay if not as it was boring as bat s**t but watching that you couldn't pick him over any top guys.

Ruiz was rumoured for Wilders next fight but seems to have gone quiet. I'd like to see him v Wallin though if Wilder doesn't happen

For Parker to improve he needs a new team which he won't do
He hasn't improved for years so while he may mature, it's unlikely. He hasn't added any new skills for ages

Did you see the fight Friday? Don't look for a replay if not as it was boring as bat sh*t but watching that you couldn't pick him over any top guys.

Ruiz was rumoured for Wilders next fight but seems to have gone quiet. I'd like to see him v Wallin though if Wilder doesn't happen

I didn't see the fight Friday and haven't bothered looking it up to be honest, was spewing I forgot about it but sounds like I didn't miss much.

I'd like to see Ruiz fight Ortiz next, though Wilder is an interesting match up that's for sure. He's dropped some weight old Ruiz, looks great, he's got another run in him that's for sure.

Gallen v Browne April 21 on PPV
Sailing the high seas yet again, obviously. Tszyu is only 2 weeks before this, $100 cost to watch some domestic fights is a piss-take...

Again I'll reference the UFC but this Sundays card is stacked and the same cost. Promoters here need to get their head out their ass

Joseph Parker has a new trainer (good move) and sounds like Chisora in May which is also a good one. Looking forward to that and should be on fox sports on a Sunday morning rather than needless PPV

Just saw the highlights,KO'd into retirement finally.
Pathetic but theres a reason fox sports or any media didnt want it. No one is supporting the punishment Mundine is taking anymore. His family should be ashamed really, should have been stopped ages ago.

He will fight again. As if the Horn debacle or JWP shouldnt have been the end. Zerafa celebrating like he did was pretty pathetic also...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back