Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad to hear of Marvin Hagler's passing.

I've always loved Roberto Duran, but came to appreciate the skill as well as toughness of Hagler later on.

'The War' against Hearns is an incredible gift to boxing, three rounds of magnificent mayhem.

2Knights

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Sad to hear of Marvin Hagler's passing.

I've always loved Roberto Duran, but came to appreciate the skill as well as toughness of Hagler later on.

'The War' against Hearns is an incredible gift to boxing, three rounds of magnificent mayhem.
I remember this fight from the 80's, boxing was still on FTA then. Classic fight, expecially the first round of course.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just read this:

Apologies for paywall. Essentially what we have is a two-fight deal, both fights for this year. Saudi Arabia is listed as the favourite for the first instalment, in the next 3 months.
There's still nothing binding to this without a venue IMO, there's been this same hearsay and rhetoric for 10+ months for this fight. If that isn't done soon the June target will be pushed back and we're essentially back to square one. Maybe I'm just jaded by how often it happens with big fights

That said, best HW fight in a very long time, bigger than Fury/Wilder imo. Fury wins a wide decision if the judges are impartial. Possible late stoppage if he pours it on a fatigued AJ

The AJ that fought Pulev doesn't last 10 rounds against the Fury from Wilder2. Hard to quantify that I know but I'll stand by it regardless

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just read this:

Apologies for paywall. Essentially what we have is a two-fight deal, both fights for this year. Saudi Arabia is listed as the favourite for the first instalment, in the next 3 months.
Poor old poms can't even get their boys fighting on their soil.
Cool fight, but Fury gets it done easy, imo.

There's still nothing binding to this without a venue IMO, there's been this same hearsay and rhetoric for 10+ months for this fight. If that isn't done soon the June target will be pushed back and we're essentially back to square one. Maybe I'm just jaded by how often it happens with big fights

That said, best HW fight in a very long time, bigger than Fury/Wilder imo. Fury wins a wide decision if the judges are impartial. Possible late stoppage if he pours it on a fatigued AJ

The AJ that fought Pulev doesn't last 10 rounds against the Fury from Wilder2. Hard to quantify that I know but I'll stand by it regardless

I think we've all been victims of disappointed expectations in the past, but this report feels and sounds more concrete than anything before it.

Agree on the result, Fury by decision, but hope for something competitive.

Poor old poms can't even get their boys fighting on their soil.
Cool fight, but Fury gets it done easy, imo.

I think it's a shame that this thing won't be in London.

Even the US would be a more lively location, but I suppose money is louder than any crowd.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Zerafa calling out Dustin Martin saying he can’t box

Not sure you can kick a footy either mike

How ******* embarrassing
The way he celebrated after finishing a pensioner sums him up. No self awareness and no promotional ability. Hes a good looking rooster, should be easy to promote but has rocks for brains...

Horn trilogy makes sense for him but Jeff should retire really. Other than that * knows where he goes from here? Try your luck in the UK or pray to the skies above someone like Charlo/Munguia offers a payday

The way he celebrated after finishing a pensioner sums him up. No self awareness and no promotional ability. Hes a good looking rooster, should be easy to promote but has rocks for brains...

Horn trilogy makes sense for him but Jeff should retire really. Other than that fu** knows where he goes from here? Try your luck in the UK or pray to the skies above someone like Charlo/Munguia offers a payday
It’s ridiculous Martin has never once claimed he can fight only he enjoys doing boxing for fitness and he finds it helps him mentally

Can’t understand why he’d even mention his name at all

Zerafa looking a bitch ever since Tim told him to feck off

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
Zerafa saying Tszyu ducked him is noteworthy. What a utensil.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Zerafa saying Tszyu ducked him is noteworthy. What a utensil.

Should have fought him instead of Morgan imo but Zerafa is one of the few boxers who can win and manage to lose fans. Hard to do...

Didn’t they have a disagreement over money a few times before Tim said * it I’m going for the world title?

Checking out box rec zerafa’s record is very managed like 17 fights in he’s fighting guys on debut. 11th in the world though apparently

Best win seems to be horn and corpse of Mundine.

Can agree that Morgan was a fight to stay sharp with no risk

hogan is a smart fight to make for Tim though limited power but has only lost to the absolute elite so a win there does good for his name

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah true cawkhead attitude but it’s gonna make him millions.

I figure the end game is a Paul vs Paul fight, I know they're Youtubers but I can't think of a brother v brother fight ever happening, I imagine that would be a huge event.

Onto real boxing I thought Hogan would be a worthy adversary for Tszyu but the odds seem to say different, am I missing something?

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Assuming I find a stream, i'm sure we'll all look after each other in that respect.

Bika v Soliman I have interest in for old times sake, wonder what sort of nick they are in though?
You see their weigh-in pics?
Bika looks 30 still. Unbelievable shape aesthetically, cardio may be a different story but think they'll be ok. Actually looking forward to that one and Lantry/Fleming.

The fights aired in Ireland, US (on ESPN Knockout) and Canada. Given that, I think streams should be available but Tims promoters do a bloody good job hiding their events...

Tim Decision for mine.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
You see their weigh-in pics?
Bika looks 30 still. Unbelievable shape aesthetically, cardio may be a different story but think they'll be ok. Actually looking forward to that one and Lantry/Fleming.

The fights aired in Ireland, US (on ESPN Knockout) and Canada. Given that, I think streams should be available but Tims promoters do a bloody good job hiding their events...

Tim Decision for mine.

I didn't see the weigh in pics but not surprised, Bika always presented in excellent condition, so did Soliman for that matter.

Aussie events are always hard for streams, anything in the US/UK is a piece of piss, but i'm sure we'll find one.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I didn't see the weigh in pics but not surprised, Bika always presented in excellent condition, so did Soliman for that matter.

Aussie events are always hard for streams, anything in the US/UK is a piece of piss, but i'm sure we'll find one.
I never struggled with Horn, Mundine stuff was always easy, Parker (NZ but close enough) always easy. Tim's stuff is the hardest I've found

Searching twitter a lot of boxing people overseas are wondering how they'll watch. We might all struggle yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back