Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sportsbet is sponsoring the card, put on by No Limit Boxing, and promoter Matt Rose doesn’t want Hogan spruiking a rival bookmaker.
But the Irish-born pugilist isn’t backing down, insisting he’ll stay in his dressing room if he isn’t allowed to support PointsBet.

Aussie boxing. Always farcical in one way or another.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sportsbet is sponsoring the card, put on by No Limit Boxing, and promoter Matt Rose doesn’t want Hogan spruiking a rival bookmaker.
But the Irish-born pugilist isn’t backing down, insisting he’ll stay in his dressing room if he isn’t allowed to support PointsBet.

Aussie boxing. Always farcical in one way or another.
Its all bullshit. Can you remember a single ppv weve had that doesnt have nonsense like that prior? Its just to get attention

Choc wouldnt fight if the anthem was played
Horn/Tszyu who walks out last nonsense
Horn/Zerafa had a pointless spat over weight
This over sponsors

It isnt ever threatening a contracted fight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lantry won as a giant underdog last time out. Over $8 from memory against Luke Jackson. Interested to see how he goes here as Fleming is no slouch

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Give it to me straight, lads:

Does the guy fighting Tszyu have a snowflake's hope in hell?

There's no way I'm backing anybody at 1.10, it just isn't fun for me, I need some odds.

Maybe an early TKO for Tszyu? Give me something.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
By the way, none of the three ring girls would look twice at me, and I know that.

But why are Aussie ring girls always such plain jane run-of-the-mill 'part-time model' types?

I've seen people criticise the UFC ring girls but they are one, even two levels above anything we see on Aussie fight nights.

How much are they spending on the girls? Surely $1,000 could get something better than decent.

OffTheBit

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
By the way, none of the three ring girls would look twice at me, and I know that.

But why are Aussie ring girls always such plain jane run-of-the-mill 'part-time model' types?

I've seen people criticise the UFC ring girls but they are one, even two levels above anything we see on Aussie fight nights.

How much are they spending on the girls? Surely $1,000 could get something better than decent.
And all they do is stand there looking at themselves on the big screen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back