Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone’s preference is to go straight into the world title fight and we’re having all the

right talks to get Tim in with either (Jermell) Charlo or (Brian) Castano next,” says No Limit’s George Rose.

“If the champs fight each other we want a big name. Danny Garcia wants to step up in

weight – he’d be perfect – or the winner of Liam Smith’s fight with the Russian Magomed

Kurbanov.”

Justis Huni fight this Saturday night, televised on fox sports. He will steamroll his opponent but good showcase around the same time as Gallen/Browne. Think he will face the winner of that tbh.
I don't know much about these fighters, but the card looks good with all the Australian title fights and the main event.

FULL CARD

Justis Huni (2-0) vs. Jack Maris (2-0) – Heavyweight (6 x 3 minute rounds)

Ben Mahoney (10-0) vs Kris George (14-2) – Australia Super Welterweight Title (10x3)

Ben Kite (18-4-1) vs Andrew Hunt (7-0-1) – Australia Welterweight Title (10x3)

Sam Goodman (7-0) vs. Daniel Carr (3-6) – Lightweight (6x3)

Conor Wallace (7-0) vs. Leti Leti (15-1) Australia Light Heavyweight Title (10x3)

I don't know much about these fighters, but the card looks good with all the Australian title fights and the main event.

FULL CARD

Justis Huni (2-0) vs. Jack Maris (2-0) – Heavyweight (6 x 3 minute rounds)

Ben Mahoney (10-0) vs Kris George (14-2) – Australia Super Welterweight Title (10x3)

Ben Kite (18-4-1) vs Andrew Hunt (7-0-1) – Australia Welterweight Title (10x3)

Sam Goodman (7-0) vs. Daniel Carr (3-6) – Lightweight (6x3)

Conor Wallace (7-0) vs. Leti Leti (15-1) Australia Light Heavyweight Title (10x3)
Ive only just got home but heard the wallace/leti fight was a ripper.

Mahoney is good, definitely one to watch and Hunt has just beaten Kite who is decent quality himself so Hunt should be on the radar now.

Goodman went up 3 weights for his fight too. Impressive.

Huni wipeout incoming i think. TKO4

Maris was terrible! Didnt know how to throw a punch...

Early stoppage but that was only going one way. Easy money for Huni there, could fight again tomorrow. He beats Gallen/Browne easily but needs to set up his big punches more against better competition.

Anyone giving Kambosos a chance?

It was in 1981 when I wrote a letter to Santa, accompanied by a list of fantastic s**t I wanted for Christmas.

I reckon there's more chance that Santa will come through with the goods than Kambosos getting over the top of Lopez.

He'd do well to go the distance, but a stoppage (est. 8th round) seems more likely.

It was in 1981 when I wrote a letter to Santa, accompanied by a list of fantastic sh*t I wanted for Christmas.

I reckon there's more chance that Santa will come through with the goods than Kambosos getting over the top of Lopez.

He'd do well to go the distance, but a stoppage (est. 8th round) seems more likely.
Yeah anyone who can beat Lomachenko is a hell of a boxer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone remotely interested in Gallen v Browne this Wednesday?

I have a passing interest and will try to watch but theres too many PPVs on. In the last 3-4 weeks weve had Tim/Hogan, Stipe/Ngannou, Usman/Mas, Paul/Askren, Gallen/Browne. They can't be surprised when millions more people stream than pay...

I have a passing interest and will try to watch but theres too many PPVs on. In the last 3-4 weeks weve had Tim/Hogan, Stipe/Ngannou, Usman/Mas, Paul/Askren, Gallen/Browne. They can't be surprised when millions more people stream than pay...
I'm keen.

I'm interested, should be a bit of fun. Browne doesn't look in his best nick but better than when he fought Dillian Whyte to my eyes.

As always let's make sure we work together if anyone finds a stream...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back