Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
#4 🤣
Yeah it’s crazy.
Which list did you look at, BOXREC?

Nah Ring, thought they were meant o know what was going on?

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just step aside, Uncle Dana.

"Triller backers pledge $1 million to charity if UFC clears Georges St-Pierre for Oscar De La Hoya boxing match"

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Must admit I'd heard of Huni but hadn't seen him, watched 30 seconds of his title fight and I was like wow he's the real deal. Looks very slick technically and s**t he's quick, Gallens not gonna land on him at all.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
No one is ragging on him bro. It’s just bizarre he’s rated so highly at HW without actually proving it.

Yeah I mean without thinking about it there are three HWs clearly above him (Wilder, Joshua and Fury) and I'd say Dilian Whyte as well. I think a fight against Ruiz would be interesting and worth seeing.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah I mean without thinking about it there are three HWs clearly above him (Wilder, Joshua and Fury) and I'd say Dilian Whyte as well. I think a fight against Ruiz would be interesting and worth seeing.
Usyk beats Whyte with little problem. He hurt his hand against Delboy in about round 7 and still won. People are under appreciating what Usyk does in the ring imo. Size is an issue he wont solve though

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Whyte has some serious power, and wasn’t Usyk struggling before he hurt his hand anyway?
Nah not really, he lost rounds due to Chisora size and pace but ultimately knew he would never keep that up. I think hed have got the stop if not for the hand tbh but only off memory there, might be off a bit on that.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Nah not really, he lost rounds due to Chisora size and pace but ultimately knew he would never keep that up. I think hed have got the stop if not for the hand tbh but only off memory there, might be off a bit on that.

I'm not so sure about that. Chisora did very well in that fight and was in it well into the second half before Usyk had worked him out.

Usyk is a great boxer and a master tactician. His problem is going to be whether or not he can stay out of the way against the real big bangers for long enough because he isn't going to knock many of them out. The top guys will likely catch him with something brutal at some point. Does he have the chin at heavyweight to withstand the likes of Fury and AJ? I don't really think so, no.

At no point did he look like stopping Chisora but he did win the fight in a professional enough manner.

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
I'm not so sure about that. Chisora did very well in that fight and was in it well into the second half before Usyk had worked him out.

Usyk is a great boxer and a master tactician. His problem is going to be whether or not he can stay out of the way against the real big bangers for long enough because he isn't going to knock many of them out. The top guys will likely catch him with something brutal at some point. Does he have the chin at this weight to withstand the likes of Fury and AJ? I don't really think so, no.

At no point did he look like stopping Chisora but he did win the fight in a professional enough manner.
Yeah this, his just doesn’t seem to have the power to KO any of the big monsters and he wouldn’t beat a bloke like Joshua on points before getting starched.

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
Who that can test him is he ducking? Crawford will happen at some point, but who else?
Spence & Porter for starters. Bud is the champ but he’s seriously dodging bro.
I know he cleaned out 130 & 140 but at welter it’s like he’s in cotton wool.

The way he went directly at Horn as easy meat yet ignored Pac was telling.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did anyone watch Taylor v Ramirez? Taylor wants a piece of Crawford now, think he'd be a bit out of his depth but good on him for wanting a crack.
Saw highlights. I think Taylors 140 run is better than Buds was, Taylor also takes the toughest fights which Bud does not. That said, i do think Bud beats him, doubt we ever see it though. Crawford too content beating guys he knows he will beat rather than risk a maybe fight

How many of these deserve to be PPV in this threads opinions?

I'd be happy to fork out cash for the Donaire v Oubaali fight.

I'll probably pay for Tszyu v Zerafa. I'm a victim of the hype, wanting to see the Z be silenced, but don't think that it --or Huni v Gallen-- is really 'worth' the money.

Then again, I suppose anything is worth just as much as people are willing to pay for it.

Edit: the Lopez fight demands PPV, because of the champ, but can't see it drawing big figures in the US.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd be happy to fork out cash for the Donaire v Oubaali fight.

I'll probably pay for Tszyu v Zerafa. I'm a victim of the hype, wanting to see the Z be silenced, but don't think that it --or Huni v Gallen-- is really 'worth' the money.

Then again, I suppose anything is worth just as much as people are willing to pay for it.

Edit: the Lopez fight demands PPV, because of the champ, but can't see it drawing big figures in the US.
Donaire v Oubaali is on regular fox sports/kayo so you're fine there

I feel Tim's exhausted his domestic PPV options. I'm over seeing him at this level so don't want to be paying for it
Huni/Gallen will depend a bit on undercard, similar with Lopez/Kambosos

The thing that annoys me with Teo/Kambosos is Teo/Loma was on ESPN yet somehow this fight commands $60? Just don't see it

None of these fights are 'blockbusters' worthy of PPV but we're so conditioned to accept it. All that said, I'll probably cave and get the Teo/Huni fights. Tim will depend on that particular nights plans. I think, like you, I'll end up paying for a chunk of this even though it isn't 'worth it'. Doesn't help solve the ridiculousness of PPV doing that though does it haha

Donaire v Oubaali is on regular fox sports/kayo so you're fine there

I feel Tim's exhausted his domestic PPV options. I'm over seeing him at this level so don't want to be paying for it
Huni/Gallen will depend a bit on undercard, similar with Lopez/Kambosos

The thing that annoys me with Teo/Kambosos is Teo/Loma was on ESPN yet somehow this fight commands $60? Just don't see it

None of these fights are 'blockbusters' worthy of PPV but we're so conditioned to accept it. All that said, I'll probably cave and get the Teo/Huni fights. Tim will depend on that particular nights plans. I think, like you, I'll end up paying for a chunk of this even though it isn't 'worth it'. Doesn't help solve the ridiculousness of PPV doing that though does it haha

I've enjoyed the undercard of a lot of the Australian fights lately, so hopefully the ones we have to pay for make us feel less ripped off.

Back