Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I recorded to watch after training and it cut out the last 3.5 rounds

Performances like that at HW dont win you fans. You need to be a killer and bomb guys out like Dubois did coming up. Like Wilder. Thats what intrigues fans about HWs, the killers, the KOs. Iron Mike still makes $10M to spar ffs. People love that. Huni needed to do that but he isnt a 1 shot kill guy, hes a boxer. Still at this level he should be rolling imo.

Is too over confident at this level. He knows he can make mistakes and hes in there trying s**t. No jab, hands down trusting your chin a bit. Not setting up power shots.

He outclasses Gallen but tonight didnt help build his profile from what I saw. Step up needed after Gallen to go through some fire. Best prospect we have other than Tim still, that hasnt changed.

Hardman fighting a guy without sponsors on the shorts just about summed that up. Average stuff there. Zerafa is a great call interloper.

I thought Singh won that decision tbh. Hardman isnt a blue chip prospect imo, we have better but he can have fun fights

I thought Singh won it as well. A lot of his body work in that fight seemed to go unnoticed.

A rematch would be worth watching.

No UFC tomorrow but Haney vs Linares should be entertaining enough I'd say

Donaire v Oubaali tomorrow, I'm looking forward to that one.

If only it'd been on today, might have spared me the misfortune of watching Collingwood kick one goal in a half of footy. FFS.

Just watched Nonito Donaire picked up another world title.

38 years-old, third world title in three different decades. It sets up another fight with Naoya Inoue, which he won't likely win but if it's anywhere near as good as their stoush 18 months ago then I'll be happy.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I had to google it, looks like Woodley v Jake Paul

Woodley isn't Askren, he has actual pop in his hands but he's so low volume it probably won't matter...
Woodley will take him alot more serious than Askren did, I know he's over the hill but he's still thrown hands with some of the best. He's not a joke

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Woodley will take him alot more serious than Askren did, I know he's over the hill but he's still thrown hands with some of the best. He's not a joke
Not doubting that but watch Woodleys last few fights, even go back to Maia/Wonderboy when he was winning. He barely throws his hands anymore

He's way better standing than Askren, this is actually a decent fight for JP but Woodley is so low volume he may as well not get in there sometimes

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Not doubting that but watch Woodleys last few fights, even go back to Maia/Wonderboy when he was winning. He barely throws his hands anymore

He's way better standing than Askren, this is actually a decent fight for JP but Woodley is so low volume he may as well not get in there sometimes
Mostly mate I just can't bring myself to accept Jake Paul flattening Woodley

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mostly mate I just can't bring myself to accept Jake Paul flattening Woodley
I cannot stand Woodley. I hope he gets embarrassed tbh

JP is a tosser but he's smart in what he's doing and he's seemingly taking boxing seriously. Provided he keeps doing that I don't mind him beating guys. One day he'll need to fight a boxer though

Back