Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't know it was this weekend tbh. If it goes to a decision there's no winner

These exhibitions are farcical. I don't mind them fighting or doing celebrity stuff but it has to have a winner!

Just watched Logan's public work session with the media.

Not that he stands a chance against Floyd.......but he couldn't even hit the right combinations on the pads with his trainer.
Jake Paul would have been a much better sell. Hes way better and has some wins. I have no idea what the appeal of this is supposed to be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1152358

Gall really stacking the cash in boxing, well done there. Huni collects an easy $200K before jetting off for Tokyo...

I hope that the disparity in purses isn't as wide as reported. Gallen needs JH so much more than Huni needs him, and I'd be surprised if his people couldn't secure him a bigger percentage.

At the very least, more money for Huni would be a better acknowledgment of his share of risk.

I think that Huni wins, but I also think that this is a live fight against a bloke who has shown a willingness and ability to take punishment in order to give punishment.

Huni's people want exposure for their fighter, but how quickly does he need it and at what cost?

I hope that the disparity in purses isn't as wide as reported. Gallen needs JH so much more than Huni needs him, and I'd be surprised if his people couldn't secure him a bigger percentage.

At the very least, more money for Huni would be a better acknowledgment of his share of risk.

I think that Huni wins, but I also think that this is a live fight against a bloke who has shown a willingness and ability to take punishment in order to give punishment.

Huni's people want exposure for their fighter, but how quickly does he need it and at what cost?
How many blokes are getting $225K in just their 5th fight? Almost none
Gallen could easily have fought Leapai, SBW, or anyone with a name. I'm not sure he needed Huni at all tbh

They've been pretty open about why they want this fight, the exposure is huge and after winning it'll have paid off. I think they've done an awesome job even if PG gets most of the revenue here. We also don't know the split for the 2nd fight, it may be more even. $225K here is good i think, well worth it

The alternative is
Go to Tokyo without this fight earning $0
Fight another Maris like opponent and be lucky for $50K

Why not do this. Good $, big sponsors, huge exposure. Win all around

If Huni is wanting to make a statement then this doesn't go past about 4 rounds in my opinion. It's one thing to cop what Barry Hall dishes up. Another altogether to walk into something thrown by a genuine heavyweight on the up, like Huni.

How many blokes are getting $225K in just their 5th fight? Almost none
Gallen could easily have fought Leapai, SBW, or anyone with a name. I'm not sure he needed Huni at all tbh

They've been pretty open about why they want this fight, the exposure is huge and after winning it'll have paid off. I think they've done an awesome job even if PG gets most of the revenue here. We also don't know the split for the 2nd fight, it may be more even. $225K here is good i think, well worth it

If Huni is wanting to make a statement then this doesn't go past about 4 rounds in my opinion. It's one thing to cop what Barry Hall dishes up. Another altogether to walk into something thrown by a genuine heavyweight on the up, like Huni.

To be clear on it, I'm confident that Huni wins. I've also got no issue with the event itself, which I'm keen to see.

But I do question the disparity, and I question the idea on which that disparity seems to be based: that Huni needs Gallen so much more than Gallen needs JH.

Having said that, I take the point that their rematch might have a different --and more even-- split.

To be clear on it, I'm confident that Huni wins. I've also got no issue with the event itself, which I'm keen to see.

But I do question the disparity, and I question the idea on which that disparity seems to be based: that Huni needs Gallen so much more than Gallen needs JH.

Having said that, I take the point that their rematch might have a different --and more even-- split.

Agree mate, my view is that the purse should be closer to 40% for Huni. Gallen may have the profile but true boxing fans will be more interested in watching Huni.

I don't see any reason why there would be a rematch if Huni walks through Gallen, as he should. It wouldn't do anything for his career if he is half as good as he appears to be.

Last edited:
Who else could Huni have fought to make this kind of money that would take the fight? We don't have anyone else since Browne went full Bobb Sapp and Leapai doesn't bring that kind of money with him. International 'name' fighters with Gallens clout aren't coming here cheap or even taking the fight at all

Who could Gallen have fought for $750K or more? Probably quite a list of people tbh.

Yeah dangerous fight no doubt . Gallen is tough.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

FYI Claressa Shields just made her first MMA appearance since declaring she intends to be a dual sport athlete (Boxing & MMA).

She managed to score a TKO in her debut.
Ronda Rousey next lol

Great boxer. A shame she's had to cross over in her prime to make more money

Remove this Banner Ad

Back