Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I think the Gallen fight was more important than the Olympics because he was getting paid. If the Olympics was the main goal not sure why you'd take that Huni fight.
His pro career obviously means more but the promotion to get his name out there was to double with a medal in Tokyo. People would have now followed him closely but not to be

No way near as many would have really followed his tokyo bid without the pro bouts.

His pro career obviously means more but the promotion to get his name out there was to double with a medal in Tokyo. People would have now followed him closely but not to be

No way near as many would have really followed his tokyo bid without the pro bouts.

Yeah fair enough, ideally he beats Gallen, gold medal and onto the rest of it. At least he's still 4-0 and has somewhat of a name I guess, not the best case scenario but still decent enough position.

Yeah fair enough, ideally he beats Gallen, gold medal and onto the rest of it. At least he's still 4-0 and has somewhat of a name I guess, not the best case scenario but still decent enough position.
Had the plan worked and he medalled after Gallen, he would be huge here. He got injured, unlucky. I dont mind the plan at all, just crammed too much into 3 months. Who knows what happens now though, anyone remotely interested in Gallen 2?

Had the plan worked and he medalled after Gallen, he would be huge here. He got injured, unlucky. I dont mind the plan at all, just crammed too much into 3 months. Who knows what happens now though, anyone remotely interested in Gallen 2?

Yeah I don't see the point in a Gallen rematch. I think Demsey McKean would be a tough one for him, Huni would be a fair bit smaller but should have a skill advantage. I'm not sure he's ready for Joseph Parker yet but maybe two years, in the meantime he'll need a few locals to beat up.

Yeah I don't see the point in a Gallen rematch. I think Demsey McKean would be a tough one for him, Huni would be a fair bit smaller but should have a skill advantage. I'm not sure he's ready for Joseph Parker yet but maybe two years, in the meantime he'll need a few locals to beat up.

Huni is invested. Sure he wanted to medal at the Olympic Games but pro is his goal .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dream was to fight in olympics since aged 7
Takes two fights in three weeks while injuried before said olympics.

Gets inuried pulls out of olympics.
Couldve gone in fairly fit if he didnt take the fights surely??

When did he stuff the knuckle ?
Would it have healed enough?

Initial injury came in the lead-up to Tsoye. Don't know how much sparring he did for Gallen, but it couldn't have helped, and then he went and injured both hands during Gallen.

He'd be going to the Olympics but for Gallen, almost no doubt. His schedule was too stacked.

A point about the Olympics, it means a lot to some fighters. I recall that Jeff Fenech felt robbed in 1984, was willing to go around again in 1988, but no one could guarantee that he'd be able to have Johnny Lewis as his own trainer so he went straight to the pro ranks.

Whatever his prospects as a professional, and he's got potential, I reckon Huni would be devastated by the turn of events.

Nothing to be done about it now except let the surgery work its magic, heal up, and be smart about selecting opponents.

Not a big Tank fan at all but he could be something. Think he needs to work harder and go back down a weight also

Loma masterclass today also but again not at his ideal weight. Seems to refuse to fight down though wants to prove his "greatness". Losing to Teo again then who knows who else will have the opposite effect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back