Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m no boxing aficionado but todays title fight has really caught my imagination with both these blokes stories so I went had a look into it.

Deontay Wilder first stepped into a boxing gym at the age of 19/20 to try and increase his income to pay hospital bills for his daughter with spinabifida
22F56C80-C6FE-48A2-ADFA-A5C8EAB1B545.jpeg
In three years he was at the Olympics and boxed for the Silver medal, losing and taking home the Bronze turned Professional to become “The Bronze Bomber”.
Won his first title 2012 and won the World title 2015 and defended it 10 times.
A Fairy tale story.
He’s stepped into the ring 77 times as an amateur and professional and boxed 151 rnds as a professional with a 98% knockout rate, worth noting of his 44 professional bouts 30 of them haven’t made it to the end of rnd 3.
He has been described as the hardest straight right ever.

Tyson Fury
Grew up in a caravan with his family the son of a bare knuckles champion fighter and married to his childhood sweetheart who is another “Gypsy” who’s father and Uncle are both bare knuckle fighters and Champs.
Couldn’t get to the Olympics as English or Irish but had a 31-4 amateur career and turned Professional at 20.
It’s pretty well documented his spiral after winning against Klitschko so I won’t bother but that’s a pretty incredible story.
He’s stepped into the ring 66 times and has boxed 202 professional rounds and has been knocked down 4 times.
Only 9 bouts have been ended before the end of rnd 3.
Going back over the two previous fights, the first Fury outlanded Wilder in 9 of the 12 rounds but was knocked down twice and the fight was called a draw.
Reading some reviews of the fights in the first fight and in terms of winning rounds it was 9-3 in Fury’s favour.
The second fight even if you give Wilder one of the first two rnds it’s 6-1 in favour of Fury so all up in the rnds they’ve faced off it’s 15-4.
Personally I hope this is another bout like the first and I hope it’s a great spectacle.
Fury to win…unless he gets knocked out.

I’m no boxing aficionado but todays title fight has really caught my imagination with both these blokes stories so I went had a look into it.

Deontay Wilder first stepped into a boxing gym at the age of 19/20 to try and increase his income to pay hospital bills for his daughter with spinabifida
View attachment 1257034
In three years he was at the Olympics and boxed for the Silver medal, losing and taking home the Bronze turned Professional to become “The Bronze Bomber”.
Won his first title 2012 and won the World title 2015 and defended it 10 times.
A Fairy tale story.
He’s stepped into the ring 77 times as an amateur and professional and boxed 151 rnds as a professional with a 98% knockout rate, worth noting of his 44 professional bouts 30 of them haven’t made it to the end of rnd 3.
He has been described as the hardest straight right ever.

Tyson Fury
Grew up in a caravan with his family the son of a bare knuckles champion fighter and married to his childhood sweetheart who is another “Gypsy” who’s father and Uncle are both bare knuckle fighters and Champs.
Couldn’t get to the Olympics as English or Irish but had a 31-4 amateur career and turned Professional at 20.
It’s pretty well documented his spiral after winning against Klitschko so I won’t bother but that’s a pretty incredible story.
He’s stepped into the ring 66 times and has boxed 202 professional rounds and has been knocked down 4 times.
Only 9 bouts have been ended before the end of rnd 3.
Going back over the two previous fights, the first Fury outlanded Wilder in 9 of the 12 rounds but was knocked down twice and the fight was called a draw.
Reading some reviews of the fights in the first fight and in terms of winning rounds it was 9-3 in Fury’s favour.
The second fight even if you give Wilder one of the first two rnds it’s 6-1 in favour of Fury so all up in the rnds they’ve faced off it’s 15-4.
Personally I hope this is another bout like the first and I hope it’s a great spectacle.
Fury to win…unless he gets knocked out.
Wilder was on SEN a long time ago probably 6-7 years ago . Came across as a really decent guy and family man.
I just havent liked the excuses he has rolled post fight 2 , been pretty poor really .

Feels like he is rolling the dice on an early KO going in at 238.
I think if Fury gets through that , he wins and gets an 8-10th rd tko .
Fury deceptively agile for a guy his size.

Should be a beauty

Wilder was on SEN a long time ago probably 6-7 years ago . Came across as a really decent guy and family man.
I just havent liked the excuses he has rolled post fight 2 , been pretty poor really .

Feels like he is rolling the dice on an early KO going in at 238.
I think if Fury gets through that , he wins and gets an 8-10th rd tko .
Fury deceptively agile for a guy his size.

Should be a beauty
Yeah, all the excuses...was a bit sh.t to listen to.
But Fury is also coming in really heavy
126 kilo about 10 more than theyre last fight.
If Wilder has improved by 15-20% fighting moving backwards thats 126 kilo moving into the hardest hitting boxer on the planet thats increasing Wilders chances.
I think Wilder will have more moves now than Fury has seen before and I wouldnt be surprised if the referee is right ontop of Fury flicking the gloves and letting em slap the eyes without a fist which apparently is illegal.
If Wilder gets a few into Fury’s body early its gonna be hard to be agile later carrying that weight

Good stoppage by the ref then, Tereshkin looked like he was literally putting his hands up in surrender.

Kownacki getting his arse handed to him in the first round. That first bout looking less like the fluke win people were thinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a savage beating from start to finish. Helenius has single-handedly put the handbrake on Kownacki's career these last two fights.

Yeah, all the excuses...was a bit sh.t to listen to.
But Fury is also coming in really heavy
126 kilo about 10 more than theyre last fight.
If Wilder has improved by 15-20% fighting moving backwards thats 126 kilo moving into the hardest hitting boxer on the planet thats increasing Wilders chances.
I think Wilder will have more moves now than Fury has seen before and I wouldnt be surprised if the referee is right ontop of Fury flicking the gloves and letting em slap the eyes without a fist which apparently is illegal.
If Wilder gets a few into Fury’s body early its gonna be hard to be agile later carrying that weight
I was expecting Wilder to drop a few and come in closer to his fight 1 weight .

That's the big question has Wilder improved off the back foot ? Find out in about an hour and a half

Think I've said before if he rolls out the same stuff I cant see him winning .

I was expecting Wilder to drop a few and come in closer to his fight 1 weight .

That's the big question has Wilder improved off the back foot ? Find out in about an hour and a half

Think I've said before if he rolls out the same stuff I cant see him winning .
Agree 100%
I think with any elite athlete or a virtuoso musician its the experience and the training. Though most athletes at the very top usually have some sortve unusual physical attribute, Thorpe and his feet, Bolt and the length of his femur compared to the rest of his body, Wilders power.
But you still need the 10,000 hrs and all that in training.
I dunno Wilder has it in the muscle memory and instinct when he’s taken out into deep water.

Sanchez is one old looking 29yo!

Looking forward to this one. These undefeated match-ups are always fascinating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back