🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
But don’t let that fact get in the way of your Mike Tyson reach around.
6E9C45A9-2111-445E-AF9D-7BBE0BAC450C.jpeg

Are you ok? 🧐🤪

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
Lewis avenged both those losses with brutal knockouts in the return bouts.
I must be misunderstanding you here, Tyson loses to Buster and it makes him crap in your opinion.

Lewis gets knocked the * out by McCall and Rahman but apparently that gets a pass?

Please explain your hypocrisy here. 🤣

Doesn’t matter if he won the return bouts, he should’ve never even got KO’d in the first place.

Tyson wanted a rematch with Douglas but there was no point once Holyfield had the titles. Buster was done after that.

Please explain the difference.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
I must be misunderstanding you here, Tyson loses to Buster and it makes him crap in your opinion.

Lewis gets knocked the fu** out by McCall and Rahman but apparently that gets a pass?

Please explain your hypocrisy here. 🤣

Doesn’t matter if he won the return bouts, he should’ve never even got KO’d in the first place.

Tyson wanted a rematch with Douglas but there was no point once Holyfield had the titles. Buster was done after that.

Please explain the difference.

I’ll explain nothing whilst you are being disingenuous.

I never said Tyson was crap. Not once. In fact, I stated he was great on a number of occasions.

However, Tyson did not avenge one loss on his record. Not one. Lewis avenged both of his. And whether you like it or not, that counts for plenty in the fight game. Tyson wanting to rematch Douglas means nothing as it never happened. FWIW I think he probably avenges that loss but it’s moot because it never happened. So then he faced Holyfield. Twice. And got comprehensively beaten in the first before his brain explosion in the second which happened as a result of Holyfield beating him up then as well. Fact is, Tyson never won a war against another great fighter in their prime. The best names on his win record were second rate plus a couple of ex-champs well past their best.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
He's overrated because he was sat on his arse by Buster Douglas and beaten up a couple of times by Holyfield. I'll forgive the Lewis fight as Mike was gone by then. Most fighters lose but to be a top 5 all time HW you don't lose comprehensively to Buster Douglas and not win one of your fights against Holyfield. Holyfield is an all-time great cruiserweight (probably the GOAT) and an excellent HW but not top 10 all time in that division. Douglas wasn't exactly rubbish but hardly a superstar.

Tyson was great. In my opinion he's in the 5-10 range which is nothing to be sneezed at. I'd have Fury and Tyson pretty even right now but some way behind Ali, Foreman, Frazier and a few others.

Yeah if I'm making a list Ali, Louis, Foreman, Lewis, the Klitschko's, Holyfield would be ahead, maybe Holmes as well. Not sure where you put Marciano, he doesn't have many great names on the resume but he never lost, hard to judge.And Fury will probably end up higher than Tyson for mine when it's all said and done. So Tyson is probably top 10 in ability but number 2 in terms of being a draw and cultural icon.

And yeah the Tyson Lewis result didn't mean much to me at the time as both were past it, but I think Lewis beats Tyson in a similar manner 8 times out of 10 at any stage of their career.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tyson in his prime vs some of the names mentioned above, also in their prime.. who wins?

Good question.

In my opinion, he doesn't get near Ali. Foreman knocks him out cold inside 3 rounds. He didn't beat Lewis as a 35 year old but it's a better fight when he is peak Tyson at 22. Holyfield beat him easily twice when he was close to his prime. He's a chance against Frazier I reckon but I think the Klitschko's are too big for him, as is Fury. He doesn't beat prime Larry Holmes.

Tyson was a brutal champion during a transitional period. The greats of the 70's were done (except Big George who showed the division up for what it was during his comeback) and the likes of Holyfield, Bowe and Lewis had not yet emerged. But you can only beat what is in front of you. That said, beating up on Frank Bruno is not the same as getting in the ring with George Foreman who had the chin to cop whatever Tyson could throw at him, the jab to keep him at distance and the big right hand that would turn the lights out. Or Muhammad Ali who would have jabbed and danced all night and come out without a mark on him.

But, and it is a big but...Tyson has at least a puncher's chance against most of them. With the sort of dynamite he had in his fists you still need to fight a smart fight to stay out of his way. He was a great fighter.

Last edited:

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
Good ol HAPPY BUDDHA with his laugh emoji when he can't get his head around what people are saying.

Ok Buddha, your turn mate....give us your top 5-10 heavyweights and where does Tyson rank with you?
Tyson would be outside top 10, probably around 15 or 16 all time. I don’t get why people are rating Fury so high tho.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tyson would be outside top 10, probably around 15 or 16 all time. I don’t get why people are rating Fury so high tho.

Good enough (laughing emoji noted and appreciated :thumbsu:).

Fury is possibly the hardest to rate. Undefeated and really difficult to draw a line through Wilder who has an amazing KO record until you look into how many bums are on his record.

Do you give Usyk a chance against Fury?

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Nope. Joshua is overrated IMO and I always though Usyk would beat him so it doesn’t really give a good gauge on Oleksander at HW yet so many are reading too much into it. Fury too big.

I'm still not sure where Usyk fits, he looked average against Chisora who is not rated highly but great against Joshua who is somewhere up the top apparently. The thing is with Fury he has great boxing skill as well as massive reach and height, plus he's tough as hell, shocking matchup for anyone really.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Just watched the Rivas/Rozicki fight for the prestigious Bridgerweight world title. The division is a bit of a joke at this stage obviously, with the late fill in Rozicki coming in about 10kg under the weight limit.

But man, the fight was surprisingly entertaining. 12 rounds of them standing forehead to forehead throwing non-stop power punches at each other. Absolute slugfest brawl from start to finish. That Rozicki is one tough muthaf**ker. No one gave him a chance but he went toe-to-toe the whole fight and some of the shots he ate were unbelievable.

...and then the ESPN broadcast went down halfway through the last round, so no one knows who won...lol.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ali's grandson is about to have his second career fight on the Herring/Stevenson undercard on Kayo.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ali wins with TKO in the 3rd after his opponent's corner throws the towel - prematurely I think (their fighter certainly thought so, he wasn't happy).

Ali is fun to watch, pretty much all out offence. He gets hit pretty easily though.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Zayas is a top prospect here. Had only seen highlights until today but knew of him. Future world champ by the looks

Looking forward to the main event. Shakur is a tool and kind of hope he loses despite my bet on him to win by decision

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man what a domination! That was my first look at Stevenson and he was super impressive. His hand speed is insane. Dominated him on the outside and then stepped in and smothered him whenever Herring tried to get any offence going. Really complete performance.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Zayas is a top prospect here. Had only seen highlights until today but knew of him. Future world champ by the looks

I see what you mean, he looks really, really good.

I was glad his opponent's corner stopped it when they did, poor bastard was on a hiding to nothing.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I see what you mean, he looks really, really good.

I was glad his opponent's corner stopped it when they did, poor bastard was on a hiding to nothing.
Yeah stoppage was good. Then similarly i hated the Shakur stoppage. Herring was on a hiding to nothing but clearly wanted to continue and think he should have been able to. Tough job refereeing for safety i guess...

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Geez Ennis is impressive, just KO'd Dulorme in the first round.

That's 27 KO's in his 29 fights now.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wowzers, then the main event title fight between James and Butaev was a ripper! Over 1000 punches thrown before R9 and then a really controversial stoppage by the ref.

I'd probably have it on my shortlist for FOTY, worth checking out if you can find a replay.

Last edited:

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Geez Ennis is impressive, just KO'd Dulorme in the first round.

That's 27 KO's in his 29 fights now.
Boots is top 3 in the division and I'd suggest he gets avoided like the plague by Spence and Bud.

To get them to accept me might have to take a small purse. I just don't see them accepting it

Will try and find a replay of James/Butaev. Have heard it's good a few times now but missed on the weekend

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Is Canelo not on DAZN anymore? His fight isn't showing up on my schedule on the app.

Back