Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo , Coney Island Warriors.
A bit of a yawn. Inoue was pretty tough but offered zero in attack.

All that the fight proved is that the Japanese guy can take a beating.

Tim does control the middle of the ring and cuts off space beautifully though, his economy of movement allows him to save gas.

The fact he stays so calm saves alot of gas too. Iceman.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Hopefully he finally gets his deserved castano match but think he’s fighting Charlo again

Charlo has already said he won’t fight Tim because he’s not on his level so god knows what’s next

Both Charlo and Castano are dodging him.

As they should be.

Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo , Coney Island Warriors.
Both Charlo and Castano are dodging him.

As they should be.

Jeez but, Either of those guys will be a great test for him. Castano has that real brawling style that took his old man down, Charlo is an awsome counter attack ! man, either of those two will make such an interesting fight.

Tomzy

👀
Oct 21, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Tim probably won't get a fight with Castano next as he will fight Charlo for undisputed champ. Charlo also has a belt up at middleweight aswell, So unless Tim beats some more contenders on the lead up to fighting Castano being next in line contender for WBO belt and pending on the outcome of Charlo vs Castano. It could fall Tims way, If Castano wins he is undisputed champion with all 4 belts and Tim has a big claim to be next in line. Thats in a perfect world though would like to see Tim fight some of these challengers first before the big gig.

5429BECF-4876-4DD7-BD3C-42D536CADC43.jpeg

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

This is such a garbage article. Tim was never next and Castano in feb was never happening, ever. The rematch was always going to occur, they knew this

This is nothing but PR to prepare everyone for the fact Tim will fight someone else on home soil, most likely against someone of little test.

For those that said you're not interested against Tim v anyone not named Charlo/Castano, you're likely to not see him fight for 12 months now...

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Three world title fights on the one DAZN card coming up on the Andrade card.

Or as I like to call it - the Julio Cesar Martinez card. He's been one of my favourites ever since I first saw him fight. He's always great to watch.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Oh s**t, both guys get knocked down in the 1st round of Martinez/Arroyo. Ripping start!

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man what a joke. Arroyo claims he can't see out of his cut eye to scam a NC result. Eye looked plenty open when the doc was holding up his fingers then it looked like Arroyo was deliberately squeezing it shut afterwards to make it look closed.

100% Arroyo saw the writing on the wall and found a way to duck out. Robbed of what was looking like a great fight.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man I feel for Porter. I had him up by one round going into that 10th round.

He's definitely one of my favourite fighters. Never a dull moment watching him.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fun fight. Spence or Boots next for Bud but get the feeling they go a different direction

Think Porters corner should have let him try to get through the round? Dangerous but he looked frustrated rather really hurt. Then again, he didnt protest it

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
His conditioning looked fine to me. He was still attacking hard and didn't look gassed at all. Just got caught in a split second when he was open.

Having said that, there was no way he was winning that fight after two knockdowns in one round, so a pretty smart stoppage by his Dad.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
His conditioning looked fine to me. He was still attacking hard and didn't look gassed at all. Just got caught in a split second when he was open.

Having said that, there was no way he was winning that fight after two knockdowns in one round, so a pretty smart stoppage by his Dad.
Good point. More corners probably need to do the math as the fight goes one and act accordingly. If you're easily down 5 rounds with 2 to go is it really worth continuing? In most cases, no.

I think Porter could have gone on but he wouldnt have won. Would have been a pride thing

Back