Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Never heard of Smith before, is he actually rated or was that an expected walkover?

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Never heard of Smith before, is he actually rated or was that an expected walkover?

I didn't check the odds, no idea. I feel like Nikita will do this for a few fights until he fights for an Aussie title or something, even then who knows?

I don't want to s**t on Garside but you look at him and Nikita and you see an excellent amateur and a guy made for the pro ranks. I'm sure Garside will have a very good pro career but Nikita will put arses on seats for sure.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
If he put something behind those big body shots he'd have Gallen in even more trouble than he is already.
Yeah his style of movement will need Fury like cardio to work up the levels but hes clearly solid and capable. Wonder why hes been anonymous until now? Not much on his record to date but looks ok really

His mates that backed him look happy atm!

Lol.. could that ref be any more blatant?

The slightest amount of tape required a stoppage when the other guy was on top, but when Gallen looks like he might win you can let the tape unravel all the way to the floor.
And the point deduction when Gallen was getting smashed.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

The slightest amount of tape required a stoppage when the other guy was on top, but when Gallen looks like he might win you can let the tape unravel all the way to the floor.
And the point for pushing. Cant remember the last time that was enforced in much more grapple heavy fights...

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory

Has been shocking from the start. Terz unfazed by it though.

Back