Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant for the life of me find it again but PPV providers basically said years ago they analyzed this and the same people pay 20, 30, 50, or 70. If someone isnt paying 50, they arent paying 30 and those that pay, pay.

It makes sense, law of diminishing returns, but this shouldnt have been a PPV at all.

Co main already and its not even at 25% compacity LMAO. Huni is just trying to so what Tsyzu done, used Gallen to get some exposure and now trying to make himself a PPV star.

Huni really hasn't fought anyone of note, could easily be nothing more then a journeyman, I reckon this will be tough myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty clear cut points decision to Huni you'd think

I'm surprised there weren't more eyebrow cuts with the amount of headbutting going on.

Huni is a brilliant boxer. Absolutely brilliant.

But unless he develops some serious heavyweight power he is not winning any legitimate world title belt.

He and Garside are in a similar boat unfortunately. I think either COULD win a world title but with their lack of power they probably won't get a shot anyway.

He and Garside are in a similar boat unfortunately. I think either COULD win a world title but with their lack of power they probably won't get a shot anyway.

I'll admit to not knowing enough about Garside to comment but with Huni, whilst I think he could box the ears off all of them (possibly except Fury and Usyk) over 12 rounds, my fear is that the real top guys will catch him with a bomb at some point. I don't doubt his chin but a big shot from Fury, Joshua, etc would slow him down quickly. And given he doesn't have great power, the bigger guys will start to walk through him if they know he can't hurt them.

I'd be looking for a fight with a good tough pro like Chisora just to see where Justis is at. I think he needs to take that risk over the next 24 months as there is little point beating up on the second rate guys we have out here. Might as well find out if his boxing skills stack up at the next level. That chap he fought last night, despite his reputation was pretty average. I can't see why he'd fight Browne, that just goes the same way as last night.

Last edited:
I'll admit to not knowing enough about Garside to comment but with Huni, whilst I think he could box the ears of all of them (possibly except Fury and Usyk) over 12 rounds, my fear is that the real top guys will catch him with a bomb at some point. I don't doubt his chin but a big shot from Fury, Joshua, etc would slow him down quickly. And given he doesn't have great power, the bigger guys will start to walk through him if they know he can't hurt them.

I'd be looking for a fight with a good tough pro like Chisora just to see where Justis is at. I think he needs to take that risk over the next 24 months as there is little point beating up on the second rate guys we have out here. Might as well find out if his boxing skills stack up at the next level. That chap he fought last night, despite his reputation was pretty average. I can't see why he'd fight Browne, that just goes the same way as last night.

Chisora is sort of a gatekeeper for HW so that’s a fair call, tough fight still of course.

I think Huni would stop Browne having said what I said, I think Browne’s chin is shot and Huni will find it enough times.

Too soon for a Chisora fight. You need rounds and training camps under the belt plus going through some fire before stepping up. Look at Dubois v Joyce for example

Huni could beat a few in the top 15 but slow it down, hes only 24 or whatever. Browne is a logical next fight. I think they'll deal with Matchroom given Hearn was there on Wednesday so something will happen later but give it 12-18 months imo.

Technically great offence but if he got hit 140, v Goodall lets slow down a touch putting him in there v better guys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back