Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I also thought you had someone from the opposite corner to witness the hand wrapping too?

I thought it was commonplace too, but guess most may be comfortable with a commission signing them off.

I haven't seen the fight, but remember watching his opponent in his debut earlier in the year on the Jarvis card I think it was. I only know it's the same guy because of the converse shoes, but he looked impressive against a guy who he was clearly brought in to lose against.

I thought it was commonplace too, but guess most may be comfortable with a commission signing them off.

I haven't seen the fight, but remember watching his opponent in his debut earlier in the year on the Jarvis card I think it was. I only know it's the same guy because of the converse shoes, but he looked impressive against a guy who he was clearly brought in to lose against.

I saw him fight on a Huni card last year I think against Ben Horn? He outworked Ben with a lot of volume of punching, he tried it last week but the other bloke really made the most of his shots, he landed some rippers

I saw him fight on a Huni card last year I think against Ben Horn? He outworked Ben with a lot of volume of punching, he tried it last week but the other bloke really made the most of his shots, he landed some rippers

I was talking about Somerville's opponent Sette, but remember that fight against Horn on the Huni card as a good one.

Dude just cant stay active. Hes young, should be in the ring 3-4x a year while he develops into the finished product. Fighting 2-3x every 18-24 months isnt going to be enough. Might be fine financially and I guess thats all that matters to a degree but if he wants to be great, activity is a must.

HW division sucks atm. Fury fixed it then ****ed it within a few years. Young blood like Huni would be awesome...

Dude just cant stay active. Hes young, should be in the ring 3-4x a year while he develops into the finished product. Fighting 2-3x every 18-24 months isnt going to be enough. Might be fine financially and I guess thats all that matters to a degree but if he wants to be great, activity is a must.

HW division sucks atm. Fury fixed it then ****ed it within a few years. Young blood like Huni would be awesome...

His body may not co-operate unfortunately. He's had hand issues which are a killer for any fighter, especially one like Huni. If he becomes timid with his hands, with his lack of a KO punch it is going to be tough for him.

He's an immense talent but I don't think any of the really top heavyweights (as much as HW is average at the moment) look at Huni and think they had better dodge him. As you say, he's not getting enough rounds in and at some point his window will close.

His body may not co-operate unfortunately. He's had hand issues which are a killer for any fighter, especially one like Huni. If he becomes timid with his hands, with his lack of a KO punch it is going to be tough for him.

He's an immense talent but I don't think any of the really top heavyweights (as much as HW is average at the moment) look at Huni and think they had better dodge him. As you say, he's not getting enough rounds in and at some point his window will close.
I actually think inactivity held AJ back. Obviously he wasnt injured but they propelled him into a PPV star who fought 2x a year at absolute most long before he had developed into the best he could be. Im sure he doesnt mind how it went, but i think he would have benefited from more fights/camps/rounds in those formative year

Agree on Huni. Im high on him, champ material despite the power issues but he needs to get active. Anderson is the future of HW though, Dubois/Huni were up there but think Big Baby is well ahead of them now. Especially when dubois loses to Usyk

I actually think inactivity held AJ back. Obviously he wasnt injured but they propelled him into a PPV star who fought 2x a year at absolute most long before he had developed into the best he could be. Im sure he doesnt mind how it went, but i think he would have benefited from more fights/camps/rounds in those formative year

Agree on Huni. Im high on him, champ material despite the power issues but he needs to get active. Anderson is the future of HW though, Dubois/Huni were up there but think Big Baby is well ahead of them now. Especially when dubois loses to Usyk

Usyk is the king of the division. I don’t think even Fury beats him. His boxing IQ is off the charts but how many more fights does he have in him?

Fury is damaging his legacy by continuing to dodge the Ukrainian.

I haven’t seen enough of Anderson to have formed an opinion on him.

OMG. I just realized this thread was about boxing.
Absolutely love boxing as much as footy.
I was a huge Fury fan before but now I’m right off him, all he does now is talk up fights but doesn’t commit to them and then blames the other fighters.
Uysk had enough of his rubbish so pulled out.
Fury now talking about fighting the Ausie fighter, ffs the bloke is a yapping machine !

OMG. I just realized this thread was about boxing.
Absolutely love boxing as much as footy.
I was a huge Fury fan before but now I’m right off him, all he does now is talk up fights but doesn’t commit to them and then blames the other fighters.
Uysk had enough of his rubbish so pulled out.
Fury now talking about fighting the Ausie fighter, ffs the bloke is a yapping machine !

Boxing and politics. It’s the fight game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dubois looks too scared to get hit, he gave in a good performance against Joyce, but he’ll get blown away by Uysk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Usyk is the king of the division. I don’t think even Fury beats him. His boxing IQ is off the charts but how many more fights does he have in him?

Fury is damaging his legacy by continuing to dodge the Ukrainian.

I haven’t seen enough of Anderson to have formed an opinion on him.
The whole thing has been frustrating as a boxing fan .
I've lost some respect for Fury but I think it will happen and might be a bit of a fizzer.

I really rate Usyk but I think Fury will handle him pretty comfortable tbh .
Probably a lopsided decision or later stoppage .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back