Universal Love The General Media Thread (wobbles head)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess I missed the article on the club's website today about us launching our second tv show on channel 7 (Footy Plus).

Won't be amazing television but good exposure for the club and sponsors.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Guess I missed the article on the club's website today about us launching our second tv show on channel 7 (Footy Plus).

Won't be amazing television but good exposure for the club and sponsors.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Sponsors

giphy.gif

So I watched AFL360 and On The Couch last night when the kids were all tucked up in bed ... I quite like both shows as they give me an insight into what the Vic media are focussing on, and where the Vic sheep I know from my time living there will be getting their witty SMS content from !!

AFL360 - not one mention of our game. Not one. The Grand Final replay that they were hoping we'd lose to create an emergency at the Crows. ZERO.
On The Couch - we got 20 seconds in whatever Brown calls his little segment with a pat the back to Tex and JJ.

That's it? I thought we were in big trouble, Richmond were the best team in the land? We beat the reigning premiers with injuries, with rookies, with guys playing their second games.

Amazing really, but not surprising.

I guess they will be forced to mention it tonight after Doedee got the Rising Star nomination, should be fun watching Gerard explain why they held off discussing the game until Tuesday ... see if he can do it without mentioning Selwood / Dangerfield / Ablett :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I watched AFL360 and On The Couch last night when the kids were all tucked up in bed ... I quite like both shows as they give me an insight into what the Vic media are focussing on, and where the Vic sheep I know from my time living there will be getting their witty SMS content from !!

AFL360 - not one mention of our game. Not one. The Grand Final replay that they were hoping we'd lose to create an emergency at the Crows. ZERO.
On The Couch - we got 20 seconds in whatever Brown calls his little segment with a pat the back to Tex and JJ.

That's it? I thought we were in big trouble, Richmond were the best team in the land? We beat the reigning premiers with injuries, with rookies, with guys playing their second games.

Amazing really, but not surprising.

I guess they will be forced to mention it tonight after Doedee got the Rising Star nomination, should be fun watching Gerard explain why they held off discussing the game until Tuesday ... see if he can do it without mentioning Selwood / Dangerfield / Ablett :)
I’m not even surprised anymore. As I sat down to watch these shows, I said to myself “I’ll bet they don’t even mention our game (a GF rematch!)”. Because we didn’t lose. We won.

I also thought the same about “can’t wait to see how Gerard excuses leaving it out in the following days”. Lol.

So unbelievably predictable.

Not too surprised we don't rate a mention. I'm sure they're saving it up in the event that Richmond loses to the Hawks this week, so they can go with a Richmond bashing "premiership hangover" narrative and point to Hardwick's post game finger pointing as a coach who is unhinged and not adapting to the pressure of being hunted.

Did anyone see that article by Bickley in today's advertiser? He said something like adelaide identified 3 things about the forward setup from the grandfinal, not good enough delivery in there, not working hard enough once its in and let it come out way too easily. The last one was the one that interested me the most, though regarding the getting it in there, bickley commented about the game that if held up, the crows chipped around to gain ground slowly when coming in until right near the 50 where they could put it right in. Hardwick also noted the same in his presser. Its a good idea i reckon.

Regarding the coming out, it was identified that the way it was coming in allowed quick counter attacks and the crows defense was too poorly set and that allowed teams to get thru. So the crows have looked at this as well and keep ppl a bit more behind the ball and are helped by the improved entry. This is something I really wanted to see and I thought I noticed a bit of a diff in the richmond game, but it was subtle so I wasn't sure.

Anyway, exactly the sort of thing I wanted to hear. Now to see it in practice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back