Universal Love The General Media Thread (wobbles head)

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone see that article by Bickley in today's advertiser? He said something like adelaide identified 3 things about the forward setup from the grandfinal, not good enough delivery in there, not working hard enough once its in and let it come out way too easily. The last one was the one that interested me the most, though regarding the getting it in there, bickley commented about the game that if held up, the crows chipped around to gain ground slowly when coming in until right near the 50 where they could put it right in. Hardwick also noted the same in his presser. Its a good idea i reckon.

Regarding the coming out, it was identified that the way it was coming in allowed quick counter attacks and the crows defense was too poorly set and that allowed teams to get thru. So the crows have looked at this as well and keep ppl a bit more behind the ball and are helped by the improved entry. This is something I really wanted to see and I thought I noticed a bit of a diff in the richmond game, but it was subtle so I wasn't sure.

Anyway, exactly the sort of thing I wanted to hear. Now to see it in practice.
I think the other thing identified by Sanders is that our discipline held. JJ staying deep meant Rance had to choose JJ instead of zoning off. It also allowed those deep balls to be contested giving everyone an opportunity BUT it also gave time for the defenders to set up the wall

So yesterday the Vic media had an article talking about how Sloaney is the best fit for Essendon and today there's a Herald Sun article about Tom Lynch not being happy at Adelaide and what Melbourne clubs he might go too......

* the Vic media

So yesterday the Vic media had an article talking about how Sloaney is the best fit for Essendon and today there's a Herald Sun article about Tom Lynch not being happy at Adelaide and what Melbourne clubs he might go too......

glory be the Vic media
I think part of the problem we have is why find guys to fill a role that is perfect for them. So they play awesomely, get huge offers elsewhere and then leave. The issue is then they don't get given the exact same role at their new side and they look worse off for it. Same issue Lever has faced early on at the Dees (though he has time on his side to improve).

Our forward line system is based on the whole, rather than individuals, so in that regard, it's hard for us to shell out massive $ for any one part of it (Tex being the exception since he's the Captain). Lynch might be worth $600K to us, but $800K? It's a tough one.

Robbo is half cut on 360 tonight. Slurring his words (more than usual) and just generally struggling to pronounce s**t. It’s not massively obvious unless you know someone like that.

Gerard has given him many death stares.

Funny as f***.

Well it is Thursday which is very close to the weekend so down the hatch!

Watching "On the Couch" now from last night. They had Stuart Dew on. I thought he spoke very well. Obviously a long way to go for the Suns overall, but I wouldn't be surprised if Dew makes them a success on field.
What did surprise me is he looked like he was back home on the gold coast, I thought they were staying in Perth for their consecutive games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching "On the Couch" now from last night. They had Stuart Dew on. I thought he spoke very well. Obviously a long way to go for the Suns overall, but I wouldn't be surprised if Dew makes them a success on field.

Port totally screwed up by not getting rid of Hinkley and bringing in Dew. But I’m so glad they did.

What did surprise me is he looked like he was back home on the gold coast, I thought they were staying in Perth for their consecutive games?
No, he was in a hotel room.

Success seems to follow Dew.

Early days, but they look to be buying into his style.

No, he was in a hotel room.

Success seems to follow Dew.

Early days, but they look to be buying into his style.
Chalk and cheese compared to how they bought into Eades message.

They’ll be competitive, not quite top 8 yet but they have to keep Lynch to have any chance to move into it.

They’ll be competitive, not quite top 8 yet but they have to keep Lynch to have any chance to move into it.
Modern day coach v old school coach...

The fact they're at least trying now is a big help. They gave absolutely zero effort defensively last year.

I wonder also if it is also in a small part the "Ablett effect" with his permanent absence like Danger with the Crows, its forced other plays to pick up the slack in the midfield?

Easy to forget the kids they have are top end talent, not a bunch of scrubbers like at North and Saints.

Dew can get them challenging. May take 3-4 seasons. They'd want to be pushing the 8 in 2020.

I wonder also if it is also in a small part the "Ablett effect" with his permanent absence like Danger with the Crows, its forced other plays to pick up the slack in the midfield?
Likely. Dew has also removed a few scrubbers Eade kept in the side due to their seniority (Barlow, Davis, Grant) and backed in some younger kids with potential like Weller, Macpherson and Fiorini into the midfield and wings and starting to let Jack Martin roam a bit more too.

Didn't think it looked like a hotel room, but I didn't see the full interview, plus he looked like he was sweating so I assumed GC.
I noticed that too. Sweating buckets and sucking big ones in whilst sitting on a couch. I understand he probably had lights on him, but he looked like a heart attack waiting to happen. Very unhealthy. Maybe just nervous being on live tv? Hope so, for his sake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back