Universal Love The General Media Thread (wobbles head)

Remove this Banner Ad

So I watched AFL360 and On The Couch last night when the kids were all tucked up in bed ... I quite like both shows as they give me an insight into what the Vic media are focussing on, and where the Vic sheep I know from my time living there will be getting their witty SMS content from !!

AFL360 - not one mention of our game. Not one. The Grand Final replay that they were hoping we'd lose to create an emergency at the Crows. ZERO.
On The Couch - we got 20 seconds in whatever Brown calls his little segment with a pat the back to Tex and JJ.

That's it? I thought we were in big trouble, Richmond were the best team in the land? We beat the reigning premiers with injuries, with rookies, with guys playing their second games.

Amazing really, but not surprising.

I guess they will be forced to mention it tonight after Doedee got the Rising Star nomination, should be fun watching Gerard explain why they held off discussing the game until Tuesday ... see if he can do it without mentioning Selwood / Dangerfield / Ablett :)
This quote should be somehow pinned somewhere, to remind us never to believe in everything that are news coming from Victoria. Their good and bad news reporting of us is never of an equal weighting.
It also highlights the problem of media in general - their target is people who are hungry for news, as opposed to people who want the whole truth.

Likely. Dew has also removed a few scrubbers Eade kept in the side due to their seniority (Barlow, Davis, Grant) and backed in some younger kids with potential like Weller, Macpherson and Fiorini into the midfield and wings and starting to let Jack Martin roam a bit more too.

Ryan Davis played 2 games in 2017.
Jarrad Grant played 1.

Dunno how much changing them made to the Suns lineup.

Greatest culture he's ever seen apparently. His everything's awesome at Port as the default answer thing is getting a bit much.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
To be fair Rowie enjoyed the party lifestyle as a footballer as well.

He would love the Power boys as team mates. Would not fit in at all with our guys work ethic.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Greatest culture he's ever seen apparently. His everything's awesome at Port as the default answer thing is getting a bit much.

This is where I was reaching for the off button but my wife wanted to hear the rest of the sweeping under the rug bullshit. Then I got manly and switched off after Rucci agreeing with the idiot, that all of previous issues were nothing. They are paid for this garbage.

Interesting hearing Laird asked about curfews abd being out in town mate at night by Kane and Blight.

It was pretty obvious the answer he wanted to give was that at the AFC it is not so much of an issue due to a profesional work ethic in regards to player recovery and preparation. He stumbled around the answer (not wanting to offend Port) by saying they use common sense in regard to such activities.

I think part of the problem we have is why find guys to fill a role that is perfect for them. So they play awesomely, get huge offers elsewhere and then leave. The issue is then they don't get given the exact same role at their new side and they look worse off for it. Same issue Lever has faced early on at the Dees (though he has time on his side to improve).

Our forward line system is based on the whole, rather than individuals, so in that regard, it's hard for us to shell out massive $ for any one part of it (Tex being the exception since he's the Captain). Lynch might be worth $600K to us, but $800K? It's a tough one.
Not sure about this. Plenty have done fine after leaving us. Eg Danger, Davis, Gunston, Lyons, Charles.

Likely. Dew has also removed a few scrubbers Eade kept in the side due to their seniority (Barlow, Davis, Grant) and backed in some younger kids with potential like Weller, Macpherson and Fiorini into the midfield and wings and starting to let Jack Martin roam a bit more too.

Barlow's still on the list and on the comeback from a badly broken leg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t mind DMac breaking a team curfew and copping a Leadership imposed suspension

Harsh. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Mackay fan in general, but credit where it's due - he's been OK so far this season. And that's a good thing, because there seems to be bugger all selection pressure coming from our SANFL side right now.

Nah, see, this is a good thing.

The longer they keep their heads buried in the sand, the longer it will go on and the further things will get out of hand before they finally get around to doing something about it.

Rowe is the classic “company man”.
He’s admitted it numerous times before. The only time he really speaks his mind is when talking politics, religion or his mindless patriotic nationalism.

I would say that Keith Thomas with his time at Fiveaa/DMG Radio and then the time they spent together at Norwood would have had a big impact on this.

They've clearly gone to people like Rowe and pleaded for a good run in the media. Port think it's all Crows but let's be honest, they have it very good. No ones been overly critical of anything they've done in years, and they get an even amount of airtime as far as interviews and things like that go. If they were a Victorian club they'd be a Bulldogs or Saints, only getting coverage when things are going bad.

I would say that Keith Thomas with his time at Fiveaa/DMG Radio and then the time they spent together at Norwood would have had a big impact on this.

They've clearly gone to people like Rowe and pleaded for a good run in the media. Port think it's all Crows but let's be honest, they have it very good. No ones been overly critical of anything they've done in years, and they get an even amount of airtime as far as interviews and things like that go. If they were a Victorian club they'd be a Bulldogs or Saints, only getting coverage when things are going bad.
Rowie initially got on FiveAA via his good mate KT being FiveAA GM.

It’s not a Port thing, it’s a Rowey “I love everyone and I’ll defend them if they are, Australian, South Australian or just a good bloke”

It makes for an objective sports show. I would love to have a chat with Bickley to see what he thinks of him.

It’s not a Port thing, it’s a Rowey “I love everyone and I’ll defend them if they are, Australian, South Australian or just a good bloke”
He is indeed a very loyal person. Get on his side and he will defend you to the death. Burn him and he ignores you. Doesnt bag you just burns you

They've clearly gone to people like Rowe and paid for a good run in the media. Port think it's all Crows but let's be honest, they have it very good. No ones been overly critical of anything they've done in years, and they get an even amount of airtime as far as interviews and things like that go. If they were a Victorian club they'd be a Bulldogs or Saints, only getting coverage when things are going bad.

FTFY, because that is fact.

No game on FTA Sunday in Qld.
So just 3 games shown, is this the new normal?

To be fair Rowie enjoyed the party lifestyle as a footballer as well.

He would love the Power boys as team mates. Would not fit in at all with our guys work ethic.

So that’s what happened to his brain cells!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back