news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Engimal v3

Premium Gold
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cowboy vs Connor makes so much sense

Big payday for Cerrone and a "easy" comeback fight for McGregor.

Wonder how it'd be done though. McGregor isn't going to fight on a Fight Night, but Dana's reluctant to put a non title fight as a main event.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns

Wonder how it'd be done though. McGregor isn't going to fight on a Fight Night, but Dana's reluctant to put a non title fight as a main event.
Can't imagine McGregor not headlining a PPV if he comes back. And I highly doubt he'd come back if there's no PPV points on the table for him.

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers

Cowboy an easy fight?

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Hasn't Tony been saying all along he is waiting for a title fight before he fights again?

Considering Khabib/Poirier wont happen until September at the earliest that means no title for until 2020 for Tony.
My guess it would depend on the fight. I doubt he's knocking back a chance to fight McGregor for example.

Nickos66

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Man I hope Yoel shuts that guy up. Disrespectful flog to warriors like Adesanya, Gastelum, Whittaker etc. who put it all on the line in spectacular fashion for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Seemed the fight to make after Tony expressed interest to get straight back in there.
Tony’s earned the shot already but the winner of this gets it you reckon.

DazalenkoUBewty

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team, Port Maggies
Seemed the fight to make after Tony expressed interest to get straight back in there.
Tony’s earned the shot already but the winner of this gets it you reckon.
It's unreal to think of what these two guys have been through and have had to do to get to this point of fighting eachother, and that this still isn't a title fight.

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
I didn't realize this fight is only 4 weeks away!
which I think is stupid on Cerrones part.

He was tearing through welterweight and then took the Masvidal fight on about an 8 week turnaround after taking some heavy hits v Brown.

Now he is tearing through lightweight and he has decided to do the same thing again after taking some bigs hits v Al.

Cowboy is my favourite but I can see this being a KO loss against Ferguson.

He should have waited at least another month before taking this fight. Khabib v Dustin isn't going ahead until September so there is no chance of fighting that winner until December anyway

DazalenkoUBewty

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
which I think is stupid on Cerrones part.

He was tearing through welterweight and then took the Masvidal fight on about an 8 week turnaround after taking some heavy hits v Brown.

Now he is tearing through lightweight and he has decided to do the same thing again after taking some bigs hits v Al.

Cowboy is my favourite but I can see this being a KO loss against Ferguson.

He should have waited at least another month before taking this fight. Khabib v Dustin isn't going ahead until September so there is no chance of fighting that winner until December anyway
Cerrone owns the phrase 'any time, any place, anywhere'.

DazalenkoUBewty

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
But surely his management should step in say 'lets just give it an extra 4 weeks'
It is soon. Maybe they've been offered a heap of cash to do it. Or maybe they've been offered to fight 'the retired one' if they win (close to the Khabib/Dustin fight).

Top Bottom