Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Melbourne to NZ is only 3 hours away......beats 15 or more hours flying elsewhere and you could argue Izzy has more fans in Australia than he does in NZ.

It's a balancing act I guess. You gotta find a happy medium in which the UFC & Izzy get what they want.
Guess it also depends how active Izzy is, if he does keep doing 3 a year he may well get on the big Australian cards. If he drops back to 2 or 1 then he will do exclusively in America IMO.

The point missing here is that he has to defeat his next opponent and that will be something if he does .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
YES!

Most dangerous 185 fighter in the world. Will only need a moment of brilliance to put away Adesanya.

I'll never forget the leg kick Rob landed on him their 2nd fight.....took it like it was a pillow and kept moving forward.

It'll take something special from Izzy to get this done.

Last edited:

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
YES!

Most dangerous 185 fighter in the world. Will only need a moment of brilliance to put away Adesanya.

I'll never forget the leg kick Rob landed on him their 2nd fight.....took like it was a pillow and kept moving forward.

I actually hope Romero wins, or else Izzy might hold this belt for a long long time.

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
YES!

I'll never forget the leg kick Rob landed on him their 2nd fight.....took like it was a pillow and kept moving forward.

Agree . Rob managing to go two long fights with J is something in itself . Israel is as talented as .. Can’t call it .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Rob lost the 2nd Romero fight aswell
a draw maybe but he didn't lose it

Plus Romero couldn't make weight so the judges were never going to let him win

That's true about the making weight but Romero smashed him. On a 10-8 system I reckon Whittaker loses the fight.
Its been a while but from memory there should have been a 10-8 round to Romero which would have made it a draw

but it has been a long time since I watched the fight so my memory could be wrong!

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Its been a while but from memory there should have been a 10-8 round to Romero which would have made it a draw

but it has been a long time since I watched the fight so my memory could be wrong!
Maybe your right. I've probably been influenced a little by Rogan because he always says Romero should have won. Basically cause while Whittaker was jabbing and moving well Romero was smashing him with his shots.

Maybe your right. I've probably been influenced a little by Rogan because he always says Romero should have won. Basically cause while Whittaker was jabbing and moving well Romero was smashing him with his shots.
Rogan dickrides Romero though

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Rogan dickrides Romero though

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
Haha true but I do agree with his logic, if one guy is beating the * out of the other guy and he knocks him down twice how does he lose the fight because the other guy jabbed and legged kicked him more?

Kinda what I think about the Jones Reyes fight, Reyes maybe out pointed him but when the bell went at the end of round 5 Jones was in complete control.

I think the scoring system is out

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Matchmaking for 251

Max v Alex
Chick title fight
Rob v Till OR Hooker v Cowboy
Crute v OSP/Clark/Herman/Spann
Matthews v Randy Brown/Barbarena/Song

I think Hooker will get a big main event US fight next. He's all action so suits an ESPN card. Rob v Till is an easy fight to make but who knows, UFC usually try and keep are PPV's really cheap. This fight could go overseas too

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
The scoring system is always going to be hard in MMA currently a guy might squeak out two rounds then get owned for a third and still win but I’ve not seen an alternative that’s any better.
The scoring needs to be looser. So squeak a round is 10-9. Smash someone up for a round is 10-6 or 10-7 whatever it needs to be.

Haha true but I do agree with his logic, if one guy is beating the fu** out of the other guy and he knocks him down twice how does he lose the fight because the other guy jabbed and legged kicked him more?

Kinda what I think about the Jones Reyes fight, Reyes maybe out pointed him but when the bell went at the end of round 5 Jones was in complete control.

I think the scoring system is out
I can see both sides.

Does that mean we score rounds 4 or 5 higher than the first rounds? UIf so a good defensive fighter can whether the storm for 3 rounds a win the last 2 and be crowned the winner, that doesn't seem right to me

If we are going to score how you suggested then score then why not just do away with round all together?

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I can see both sides.

Does that mean we score rounds 4 or 5 higher than the first rounds? UIf so a good defensive fighter can whether the storm for 3 rounds a win the last 2 and be crowned the winner, that doesn't seem right to me

If we are going to score how you suggested then score then why not just do away with round all together?
I'm sure there are downsides to my way. Can't say I've spent a shitload of time thinking about it. Just from a purely visual perspective it doesn't feel right if a guys beating the * out of someone round 4 and 5 and loses a decision. Should they be weighted higher? Probably not but then my instinct says the late rounds are more important.

Maybe don't score them higher but like I said give out more 10-8s.

So Jones last round against Reyes should have been a 10-8 imo, Reyes was barely holding on and Jones had complete cage control.

I'm sure there are downsides to my way. Can't say I've spent a shitload of time thinking about it. Just from a purely visual perspective it doesn't feel right if a guys beating the fu** out of someone round 4 and 5 and loses a decision. Should they be weighted higher? Probably not but then my instinct says the late rounds are more important.

Maybe don't score them higher but like I said give out more 10-8s.

So Jones last round against Reyes should have been a 10-8 imo, Reyes was barely holding on and Jones had complete cage control.
yeah look I don't necessarily disagree with you, both sides have their pros and cons

If there were my 10-8's I think you find Reyes in this case still coming forward. I think he thought (like most) he had one the first 3 rounds and was just trying to avoid a stoppage in the last

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
yeah look I don't necessarily disagree with you, both sides have their pros and cons

If there were my 10-8's I think you find Reyes in this case still coming forward. I think he thought (like most) he had one the first 3 rounds and was just trying to avoid a stoppage in the last
Reckon that supports my argument though doesn't it? Rather than resting on his rounds if he was worried about a 10-8 he would press forward and it's a better fight in general.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
The scoring needs to be looser. So squeak a round is 10-9. Smash someone up for a round is 10-6 or 10-7 whatever it needs to be.

Which is still subjective so will still have issues.

My point was there are plenty of alternatives, all of them still have issues.

I’d probably say get rid of 10 must, have drawn rounds, still has issues and would likely result in more draws.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Get rid of the judges
No scoring
Win or lose
Tap, knockout, ref stop or cnr can stop
No round limit

It is ultimate fighting after all

Commercial realities would make this difficult with the tv deals these days, I don't hate the idea, would make for some boring fights though in all honesty.

I wouldn't mind if judges just score a fight for a winner regardless of who wins the rounds. Maybe have 5 judges and they just vote for the one they thought won, surely that will filter out the true winner.

Jan 11, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
I grabbed a month of fightpass this morning, but Not happy. The UFC app on my Samsung TV has been updated since I last used it, now the stream won't load. The loading icon just keeps spinning.
Annoying af as I only re-subbed so I could watch on TV.
It’s ******* useless since that update. I usually chromecast it from my phone. It’s impossible to search for anything specific and there’s no option to skip fights when watching a card anymore.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
going to Vegas on Tuesday. Unfortunately leaving the day before 248 though. Does anyone know if im able to tour the UFC performance institute? would love to get a look inside but don't know if its open to the public?

Back