news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dana apparently said they aren't canceling anything. Already moved 1 event to the UFC PI, expect Tomy/Khabib goes ahead

Shame there'll be no crowd though
How hard seriously would it be to get like 8 generic crowd effects from general cheering, to screaming to oooh etc and then just fire them off from a studio? Doesn't sound that difficult at all

So do you want random noises or realistic crowd sounds? Its not as easy as you seem to think it is.
It's extremely easy. A general crowd sound then have some heightened crowd noises for strikers and for a finish. It doesn't have to ******* magic just better than hearing the corner men ******* fart

It's not easy at all. Go watch an episode of WWE Smackdown where they added fake crowd noise. It sounds like absolute s**t. I'd much prefer to just hear the coaches, commentators and sound of fist hitting the face than a hair dryer buzzing for 5 hours.

It's not easy at all. Go watch an episode of WWE Smackdown where they added fake crowd noise. It sounds like absolute s**t. I'd much prefer to just hear the coaches, commentators and sound of fist hitting the face than a hair dryer buzzing for 5 hours.
Yeah righto guess we should just give up cause it seems hard 👌

I wouldn't mind hearing more of the corners during fights. Mightn't even go a few weeks without hearing 'WOOOOO' unless that's been Anik doing it all along!

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind hearing more of the corners during fights. Mightn't even go a few weeks without hearing 'WOOOOO' unless somehow that's been Anik doing it all along!
You can hear the corners all the way up till the main event on almost every card.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah righto guess we should just give up cause it seems hard 👌
Yes. It is hard. And its not needed. Why would the UFC waste time and money on a very temporary thing?

Time and money? Jeez you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.
You think its free? You think they just snap their fingers and boom the have a sound? You really have no idea about anything do you?

Oh yeah cause I have a full production studio at my fingertips ya knob.
Doesn't need a full production studio "ya knob". Its extremely easy, as you said.
It's extremely easy. A general crowd sound then have some heightened crowd noises for strikers and for a finish. It doesn't have to ******* magic just better than hearing the corner men ******* fart

Doesn't need a full production studio "ya knob". Its extremely easy, as you said.
It's extremely easy for a hundreds of millions of dollars company. In fact there is crowd noise compilations all over YouTube.

But you're right it might take a slight amount of effort so just give up I reckon.

A million dollar company couldn't do it to a pre-taped show, yet you think the UFC could do it live. C'mon mate.
No one's asking for perfectly in sync noise for Christ sake. Some blanket noise for majority of it and some heightened sounds for submission attempts and heavy shots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back