news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont see the issue with putting fights on with no fans and fighters being tested for covid. However cities/countries are in lockdown and the logistics seem impossible, they better not half ass it. Tony v Khabib with an undercard will be good, Tony v late replacement and pointless supporting fights wont be

I dont see the issue with putting fights on with no fans and fighters being tested for covid. However cities/countries are in lockdown and the logistics seem impossible, they better not half ass it. Tony v Khabib with an undercard will be good, Tony v late replacement and pointless supporting fights wont be

it sounds like Dana has ****ed up in the planning and now no one really knows whats going on

Will be an epic fight.
You do always worry that those 'bigger' guys will just hold the other bloke down. I'm loving the new Masvidal but if Usman could pin down Woodley like he did I can't see how he won't do it again even though I'd love Jorge to smesh him.

Looks like Gaethje Vs Ferg

should be a banger. Worst match-up in the div for my guy :/. Gaethje a decent chance to get an early KO imo. Ferg better be getting a massive pay

should be a banger. Worst match-up in the div for my guy :/. Gaethje a decent chance to get an early KO imo. Ferg better be getting a massive pay
Funny thing is even if Ferg loses Dana could still give him a title shot lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone is as bored as me right now, here is some highlights of the true GOAT

these kinds of fighters are great. Simple style of strikes leading to shoot wrestling takedowns and submissions or continued strikes. Fedor has a lot of raw physical strength and power, so this style works for him, able to get into those ground positions, or turn a standing hold around and overpower the opponent to the ground.

Another fighter who has a similar effective style, tho deadlier with strikes, and one of my favorites, is Bas Rutten...

All praise to Tony. Hopefully he sinks a darce early.

Spewing about the Khabib situation....like really effing spewing. I defo don't think he's injured or a cheat and trying to avoid USADA though.

Im not sure what sort of drug testing there has been with everyone isolating and the fight potentially on a reservation.

Real danger fight for Tony on paper. Gaethje is possibly the best finisher in the UFC right now and Tony has never been one to avoid eating shots. Will be fun as hell though.

Doesn't really make sense why Tony would take this fight but good on him...

Best case scenario for Tony is he wins..... and he's back in the exact same position he already was in.

Gaethje poses a real threat to Tony with his power and you get the feeling this will be a war of sorts.

Don't like this for Tony. It's a no win situation against a guy who is very dangerous and not a name that casuals know too well. Not that he can't win he definitely can but he deserves to be fighting Khabib next. Tony doesn't need a win to cement his shot here and a loss severely puts it in jeopardy; puts one of if not the most anticipated fight in MMA history in jeopardy.

With the lack of MMA and sports in general ATM I think you could make a card headlined by two entertaining top 10 guys and the viewership would be very good.

Yes there’s a lot of danger here for Tony but I think people are forgetting that to get paid you actually have to fight.

Tony has only fought once a year for the past 3 years. With the UFC’s meagre salaries, that doesn’t equate to much.

He will have just invested a lot of time, energy and money into a training camp for Khabib, with no firm idea about when that fight might actually happen (3 months, 6 months, never??).

Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. The opportunity to headline a card (when there is no other live sport on in the world) and get paid is huge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back