news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This Max should be campaigning to fight Conor next. That rematch is much more interesting than Volk 3 and Khabib won't fight Conoragain.
Conor *s Holloway. Holloway barely has enough power to finish 145ers. Poirier walked through at 55.

I think Holloway just sits at demands the winner of Volk and Ortega..won't fight inbetween cause he doesn't need to after that

Slightly disappointing result for the division but if it still makes Max vs the winner of the title fight very interesting. I was high on Kattar and Ortega looked awesome against Zombie, but Featherweight is clearly Max's. Fortunately for Volk and us Aussie fans, our boy has the style, mentality and build that prevents Holloway from toying with him like he does everyone else - though some will say that's exactly what happened in fight 2.

Any word on Magomedsharipov's next fight? He might be the one to shake it up a bit.

Max looked as good as he ever has. Kattar hit him with some good shots too and max just ate them like he always does. Don't think we'll see max again until he fights winner of Ortega v Volk, unless he wants to go up and fight Nate or someone at 155.

Robbery of the night goes to Justin Tafa. No idea how 2 judges scored the final round for Felipe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect Dana would be pulling hard for Ortega to beat Alex. Potentially opens the division up a bit
Yeah, I can see that.

I like Alex and Rob, and they're great blokes, but having Aussie champs like them isn't exactly a big draw for the UFC aside from the one big Australian PPV card each year. I'm sure Dana sees it that way.

Last edited:
Holloway vs. Magomedsharipov is the best 145 fight you can make this year.

max would win that easily imo. he doesn’t get finished and would take zabit into the deep water.

kattar was looking good against zabit imo - and mma math aside - we saw that max is on a completely different level to kattar.

I suspect Dana would be pulling hard for Ortega to beat Alex. Potentially opens the division up a bit
Seemingly everyone will, or does. I'm a little disturbed by the lack of respect the MMA world has for Alex. He's beaten the consensus best, most decorated featherweight UFC champions in history in Holloway twice, Aldo.

Any respect for him or what he's done always seems to be a throwaway line or footnote in Max Holloway's legacy discussions, just cheap lip service.

Volk needs to finish T-City in order to get the plaudits he deserves from the MMA world, should be a cracker match up. Can’t wait to see Ryan Hall vs Dan Ige too, Hall is the real darkhorse in the featherweight division IMO.

Volk needs to finish T-City in order to get the plaudits he deserves from the MMA world, should be a cracker match up. Can’t wait to see Ryan Hall vs Dan Ige too, Hall is the real darkhorse in the featherweight division IMO.
lol Hall has nothing for the top end featherweights.

A hook kick and a leg lock won't carry him much further in this organization.

Ngannou is as active as the UFC allows him to be. Will be great for the division if he wins, might see 2 HW title fights a year...

Why will it be great for the heavyweight division if Nganou wins?

Max also seems to have issues against guys that can stifle his natural output with effective wrestling and Zabit has that.

Max would rightfully start fave but I’d watch with interest

Zabit also gasses after about 7-8 minutes

If it is a main event and is for 5 rounds Holloway will piece him up from middle of the 2nd round until the fight stops

Remove this Banner Ad

Back