news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

DazalenkoUBewty

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bellator has announced it has partnered up with Showtime television.

And here’s their upcoming LHW tournament.
They got one thing wrong though, imo. I can't understand why they would match up Rumble and Romero straight up....you want both of those guys to meet in the final if possible.

burge13

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm fine with that fight happening straight away. Too often in tournaments they set up as you suggest and injury strikes, or someone loses...

Only fight there I am pumped for tbh. Machida and Davis Bellator need to move out of this picture

Nemkov wins it all IMO

the_interloper

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm fine with that fight happening straight away. Too often in tournaments they set up as you suggest and injury strikes, or someone loses...

Only fight there I am pumped for tbh. Machida and Davis Bellator need to move out of this picture

Nemkov wins it all IMO
Agreed, I remember the Strikeforce tourney where Fedor and Overeem were going to meet in the semis but Werdum f’ed that up ha ha

burge13

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Agreed, I remember the Strikeforce tourney where Fedor and Overeem were going to meet in the semis but Werdum f’ed that up ha ha
This isn't tennis where the seeds mostly get through. Small gloves and a punchers chance can ruin plans. You don't see many padded records in MMA for this reason

Have to put the good fights on

I like 1 night tournaments but these Coker ones take forever. Has the featherweight one even finished?

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Nemkov wins it all IMO
Yep
The fight itself brings in the viewers, being for the belt really doesn't ******* matter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bucking Bronco

Team Captain
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
If anyone is looking for a podcast to listen to, check out Ngannou on Rogan.

His story is much more incredible than I think anyone ever realised - at least than I did.

Podcast should have gone for 6 to 8 hours, but Rogaine was looking to wrap things after 3 hours due to presumed time constraints.

DazalenkoUBewty

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wonderboy is up for it. I'd imagine that Edwards will happily accept. He's done too much training for another fight date to just slip by.
A little weird from Khamzat.

Struggle

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Smith replacing Walker in the Crute fight should be interesting. It'll be massive if Crute can still get up and could put him right in line for a top 5 guy

Dan

Well you know...
Mar 21, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bali 6's, Dorothy Mantooth
Khamzat fight off again. Khamzat still feeling the physically affects of Covid apparently.
The first excuse wasn't covid and neither is this. Who knows what's going on.

Although I don't buy into the narrative that he's scared of Leon Edwards.

mouncey2franklin

Premiership Player
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If anyone is looking for a podcast to listen to, check out Ngannou on Rogan.

His story is much more incredible than I think anyone ever realised - at least than I did.

Podcast should have gone for 6 to 8 hours, but Rogaine was looking to wrap things after 3 hours due to presumed time constraints.
Is there any way to listen to it without installing the spotify app?

I haven't listened to a single Rogan podcast since the change.

DazalenkoUBewty

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is there any way to listen to it without installing the spotify app?

I haven't listened to a single Rogan podcast since the change.
It's probably worth looking in to Spotify. Other than that you can watch clips (average 10 mins) on Rogan's YouTube channel. There's two clips from his show with Ngannou and they were great to watch/listen to (as someone else has mentioned).

Remove this Banner Ad