Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Righto, so why was he released?
Maybe because him and his coach ( mostly Fabia ) came in and had a go at the commentary team then posted it? Because Diego's clearly not same anymore and his coach is taking advantage of him? Because his last couple fights he's looked ******* horrible. Pick your poison

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Maybe because him and his coach ( mostly Fabia ) came in and had a go at the commentary team then posted it? Because Diego's clearly not same anymore and his coach is taking advantage of him? Because his last couple fights he's looked ******* horrible. Pick your poison
Diego and Fabia did request the UFC to hand over Diego's medical records though.
And after that the UFC said bye bye.

"According to White, Sanchez's head coach, Joshua Fabia, recently requested every medical document the UFC has received during Sanchez's 15-year career with the promotion in order to process his medicals for the fight against Cerrone.

In an ensuing investigation on the matter, White said, the UFC asked Fabia and Sanchez for full assurance there were no pressing medical issues regarding Sanchez's short- or long-term health. On Sanchez's behalf, an attorney informed the UFC the 39-year-old could not ensure his health was not compromised, as he is not a physician and has not recently undergone neurological evaluation. It was at this point that the UFC opted to cancel the fight and terminate Sanchez's contract".

This might be over 2 years ago but ******* hell considering his mental state has apparently gotten worse than this must be severely concerning

4.25 in

I don’t have brain trauma
I’ll look you in the eyes right now.
I’m a Jedi.

******* hell

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Lawler isnt exactly in his prime and is coming off an ACL and another long layoff. Lawler has his chin which Cerrone doesnt seem to anymore but its a good fight given their age and mileage imo
I'd be scared for Cowboy to face any of those three guys. Give him Maia or something for a farewell. Hopefully he just retires.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd be scared for Cowboy to face any of those three guys. Give him Maia or something for a farewell. Hopefully he just retires.
People have gone a bit far if theyre worried about cerrone v condit imo. Hes never had big power anr Brown is just as washed if not more (probably more of a chin though).

Fair point about giving him a grappler to try and avoid strikes but he would also want "fun fights" to go out on

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
You're right, Brown might actually be a good option. In terms of welfare, I'd probably rather Lawler over Condit. We know it's the accumulative strikes that do the most damage and at this stage of his career, with his head movement, it would probably be better for Lawler to knock him into oblivion quickly.

Back