news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The August fight he was offered. 3 to 4 fights a year isn't too much to ask. Its not like he took any damage from the Stipe fight and was off healing.
4x a year actually is a big ask though 10 week camps + rest. Often the rest isn't required from the fight itself but the prep for it

He also only fought a few months ago, this isn't on Ngannou

Which screws Ngannou's prep up even more. If this goes ahead, does he just take an extended break now, or look for a boxing match or something?
Contracts too restrictive to get a boxing fight. Unless rumours are true Triller is in bed with the UFC that isn't happening

This is an obvious ploy to get him to take less money. Him & Jones should just tweet each other and agree to a fight & date, put some heat back on Dana over it

You're both right. 3 to 4 is too much, 2 to 3 fights a year then. I still think between March (well basically April) to August is more than enough time to be ready for a fight.
If theyd given him September (which he reportedly agreed to) hed have 2 this year and his first was in the 3rd month of the year...

It's hard to believe anything that comes out of Danas mouth these days with how often he just flat out lies about fighters.

Interim belt makes absolutely no sense here, there's every chance that Jon Jones would skip the line and even Stipe deserves another shot straight at the title when he's ready. Maybe Lewis/Gane can just defend a belt against the rest while those 3 sort out the real belt

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have thought if you wanted to avoid jail time, the 1st thing you'd do is not post it to Instagram. But what do I know!

Could be wrong but pretty sure the video was out in public already? So he just reposted it and felt the need to defend himself and his image, which is harmless.

Bit different if he posted it with the caption "talk $hit, get hit"

Could be wrong but pretty sure the video was out in public already?
Everything I have read says he was the one to post it originally. Which makes me wonder if he asked his mate to record it...Otherwise why else is he recording? The drunk guy isn't doing anything too out of the normal worth filming is he?

Yeah - all the wording in articles and videos centres around him being the one to initially post it with an explanation of his version of events.

it looks horrible, but bizarrely, all the feedback from those close to the incident all side with him (Schilling).

Everything I have read says he was the one to post it originally. Which makes me wonder if he asked his mate to record it...Otherwise why else is he recording? The drunk guy isn't doing anything too out of the normal worth filming is he?

My bad guys, should have looked into it more.

I just assumed it was an onlooker because as you say...posting it yourself is highly unusual

Remove this Banner Ad

Back