news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Robert Whittaker
Holloway vs Poirier for the interim is a good fight but it leaves me a bit disappointed. How tf does Ferguson get skipped over? Is Dana getting his way having Holloway move up to LW with this being the carrot? Where to for featherweight? Ferguson vs Max or Ferguson vs Poirier makes more sense for mine.

Ferguson vs Conor will be a barnburner too though and Tony will get a money fight (Tony may have wanted) which he deserves if that's the way the UFC goes.

I guess you never really know what happens in negotiations.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
The guy already won the interim belt, got stripped for a freak accident.
Is on one of the greatest win streaks ever in LW history.

He shouldn't have to fight for the interim again.

I agree with that, but the UFC offered him the best opportunity they could considering the champ is currently out. He has chosen not to take that fight and sitting out while someone else gets the interim belt means he will likely be overlooked for Khabib's next defense. It sucks for him, but I wouldn't say it's unfair.

Dillon Danis gets a 7 month ban & $7500 fine for being attacked :think:

That's crazy

Danis is a dickhead though.

So even if it is unfair, I can't say I really care.

Plus it really just means he can't fight for 3 months as the suspension is backdated

The incident in isolation shouldn't see Conor or Danis suspended at all, however for all their alpha bro/try hard gang BS in the leadup to the fight....have no sympathy for any fighter from either camp getting suspended for any amount of time.

Someone in the media usually gets a lead on what’s happening next for McGregor.

In this instance I think Cerrone is getting a little anxious waiting. I think this is the 3rd time now his put that Budweiser v Proper12 stuff on social media.

The fight may still happen but I wouldn’t be surprised if we here news of a McGregor v Ferguson fight.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Colby.. he's ready to fight..holds the interim belt..but no fight. I'd be angry too.
And here's why Dana has been ripping off fighters for years.. The man loves the good life and a gamble.

He was pretty unlucky, but that’s the game.

He’s the clear next in line for a title fight, both guys are calling him out and want to fight him next.

He’s losing the plot, don’t blow the chance of a shot.

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He was pretty unlucky, but that’s the game.

He’s the clear next in line for a title fight, both guys are calling him out and want to fight him next.

He’s losing the plot, don’t blow the chance of a shot.
Next in line yep, but he's missed a huge card here. I'd be pissed. The fact that he was ready to go and holds the interim 🤔

Dana would love to cut him. Dana didnt like getting recorded while gambling lol.

Dana didnt like getting recorded while gambling lol.
The bigger question is did Dana not like getting filmed with the hot girl next to him who immediately took off when she saw the camera? Unless she’s in witness protection there was no need to run. She must know the value of discretion. :cool:

Back