news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

No but at least it appears he will hopefully still have his family, which is more important in the grand scheme of things.

Will be a shame if we don't see him again though.

Jan 11, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Just doing a quick look and a lot of the top ranked guys at bantamweight seem to be coming off loses. Marlon is the obvious choice but his opponent is a bit harder to choose. He has recently beat the 2-3 ranked guys. Pedro Munhoz is ranked 4th but other than Cody he hasnt really beat anyone that impressive to warrant a title shot.

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just doing a quick look and a lot of the top ranked guys at bantamweight seem to be coming off loses. Marlon is the obvious choice but his opponent is a bit harder to choose. He has recently beat the 2-3 ranked guys. Pedro Munhoz is ranked 4th but other than Cody he hasnt really beat anyone that impressive to warrant a title shot.
Cejudo vs Marlon

Joker91

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2012
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Cody must also be filthy. If he didn’t fight like a maniac in the last fight he would be first in line for the title match and could argue he is undefeated considering both loses were against a cheat.

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Funny how a championship fight like that is preventing a fight like McGregor v Cowboy from being the main event on a PPV.

Dana must be livid at TJ, first crushing Garbrandt twice, losing to Cejudo preventing him from killing the 125 division and now popping.
I hear what you're saying, but yeah, McGregor did get pretty much destroyed in his last fight and he's not a champion atm either.

You never know though, the UFC might bend their rules for Conor.

Last edited:

d-mac3276

Premiership Player
Mar 8, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon,Storm,La Lakers
Only 3 possible title fights to make:

Marlon Moraes vs Henry Cejudo (if he moves up to BW)
Marlon Moraes vs Pedro Munhoz (only guy with a win record and win against former champ)
Marlon Moraes vs Frankie Edgar (if he moves down to BW)

Off the reports id say Tony’s days are done.. apparently thinking he’s had a chip put in his leg to monitor him, ripping the house apart and hasn’t slept for 3 odd days.

that is what happens when you let Eddie Bravo put ideas in your head

No s**t, Sherlock "look into it," is Eddie Bravo's most used line.
*, that went right over my head. My bad, good call. :p

I also like Joe Rogans: “You wouldn’t believe his kicks, they are just insan.. have you tried DMT?”

Back