news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who'd have ever thought in a million years anybody would say this sincerely. :D

The swell of support for Askren is a bit surprising. He's a very talented fighter, but I wouldn't say he's particularly fun to watch.

I know him in real life and he just got too busy or something like that.

I do recall him screaming something about Dollaway as he was being committed.

Yeah, I recall reading somewhere that you knew him in real life. Tell him to stop in from time to time as we miss him around here.

The swell of support for Askren is a bit surprising. He's a very talented fighter, but I wouldn't say he's particularly fun to watch.
I think it's the nailbiting "will he? won't he?" aspect of his fights, regarding whether or not he gets decapitated or manages to score the takedown first in every hypothetical match up.:p

Well he’s only had one fight in the UFC so far and it was absolutely thrilling.

I get what your saying though. I think when he just has so much hype around his fights to go with his undefeated record it makes for something.

I'm not sure whether Unman is that good or whether Tyron was really off his game that night, as the Tyron that beat Till looked almost GOAT like. Either way this will be worth seeing.

Usman is very good but very boring.
Woodley v Lawler will be a completely different style of fight though that's for sure.

Yeah, the Usman v Colby upcoming title fight can’t main event a PPV.
It definitely can.. especially in this new era of all PPVS on ESPN plus in the U.S.

The UFC will be receiving around 500k worth of money as a minimum, per event.

I don’t quite understand, how does that make that fight more ppv relevant?
Being a title fight between two bitter rivals on a platform where sales aren't as relevant as they once were. As well as ESPN being able to make prices cheaper, depending on demand.

This fight is very PPV worthy. Because the UFCs model dictates it is.

It might not be worth your money, but a WW title fight will always be PPV worthy.

Also, its an awesome fight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the train heading into the footy....I’m reading that Lobov V Knight in the bare knuckle fight was a banger?

It was. Lobov had the better of it for the most part, but was in a bad way at the end of the fight. Both guys threw hell for leather and their faces were badly busted up at the end of it.

It was. Lobov had the better of it for the most part, but was in a bad way at the end of the fight. Both guys threw hell for leather and their faces were badly busted up at the end of it.
Just watched highlights.

Brutal...they both ended up looking like Sloth from the Goonies.

The only other BKFC fight I've seen was one of Bec Rawlings fights.

Seems like this form of combative fighting is catching on. Wouldn't surprise me if they tried to sign Mark Hunt up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back