news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Cowboy vs Connor makes so much sense

Big payday for Cerrone and a "easy" comeback fight for McGregor.

Wonder how it'd be done though. McGregor isn't going to fight on a Fight Night, but Dana's reluctant to put a non title fight as a main event.

Wonder how it'd be done though. McGregor isn't going to fight on a Fight Night, but Dana's reluctant to put a non title fight as a main event.

Can't imagine McGregor not headlining a PPV if he comes back. And I highly doubt he'd come back if there's no PPV points on the table for him.

Cowboy an easy fight?

Hasn't Tony been saying all along he is waiting for a title fight before he fights again?

Considering Khabib/Poirier wont happen until September at the earliest that means no title for until 2020 for Tony.

My guess it would depend on the fight. I doubt he's knocking back a chance to fight McGregor for example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seemed the fight to make after Tony expressed interest to get straight back in there.

Tony’s earned the shot already but the winner of this gets it you reckon.

Seemed the fight to make after Tony expressed interest to get straight back in there.

Tony’s earned the shot already but the winner of this gets it you reckon.

It's unreal to think of what these two guys have been through and have had to do to get to this point of fighting eachother, and that this still isn't a title fight.

Cerrone is a mad man.

Bloody love it though. Close to #1 company man at the moment.

Cerrone in arguably the best form of his career and Tony coming off a long layoff. Very intriguing fight.

I didn't realize this fight is only 4 weeks away!
which I think is stupid on Cerrones part.

He was tearing through welterweight and then took the Masvidal fight on about an 8 week turnaround after taking some heavy hits v Brown.

Now he is tearing through lightweight and he has decided to do the same thing again after taking some bigs hits v Al.

Cowboy is my favourite but I can see this being a KO loss against Ferguson.

He should have waited at least another month before taking this fight. Khabib v Dustin isn't going ahead until September so there is no chance of fighting that winner until December anyway

which I think is stupid on Cerrones part.

He was tearing through welterweight and then took the Masvidal fight on about an 8 week turnaround after taking some heavy hits v Brown.

Now he is tearing through lightweight and he has decided to do the same thing again after taking some bigs hits v Al.

Cowboy is my favourite but I can see this being a KO loss against Ferguson.

He should have waited at least another month before taking this fight. Khabib v Dustin isn't going ahead until September so there is no chance of fighting that winner until December anyway
Cerrone owns the phrase 'any time, any place, anywhere'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back