news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
But surely his management should step in say 'lets just give it an extra 4 weeks'

He stepped in and fought Ben Henderson two weeks after a fight and won a few years back!

It's a fight with title implications so it would likely be hard to turn down, but Cerrone knows his body well. If he thinks he can take the fight I'd back him in.

Not sure how i feel about this

joke.

Edgar got smashed by Ortega who got so outclassed by Max it wasn't funny.

This will be and absolute walk in the park for Holloway.

Only legit reason I could see for the UFC to make this fight is that they need a headliner for that card bad!

I'm ok with it if Volk is ok with it.
Maybe Volk gets the winner (Max) in Aus.
If, no when Max wipes the floor with Edgar I cannot see him willingly backing it up 8 weeks later in Australia. Especially when that card already has a headline event.

With Ortega v Zabit penciled in, it looks like Volkan is going to be overlooked, especially if Zabit wins

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Only legit reason I could see for the UFC to make this fight is that they need a headliner for that card bad!
That’s it, it’s a business and they get desperate at times.

Needed someone to headline that card it’s not that long away.

Similar with Ferguson Cerrone booking, Tony shouldn’t be fighting for anything less than a title but probably gets offered a packet and the ufc are just keen to make good fights it happens.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
joke.

Frankie's not an easy out for anyone. He's got the boxing, wrestling and pace to give Max some problems. I think Max will win in the end, but it's far from the squash match you're suggesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure how i feel about this

joke.

Absolute s**t fest. Same way I was against a Jacare title shot before he got offered Yoel/Hermannson. You have to have a run against top competition or it's a no bueno from me.

I love Frankie, but a win over Cub at this stage is not worthy of a title shot. * goodwill, that's a *ed persons argument. Let's give every former champion who is loved a title shot with one win over a fighter far below the elite of the division - I don't want to badmouth Cub too much but * me c'mon he's on a four fight skid and losing to unranked (pre-fight) guys like Burgos now.

I love MMA, don't mind WME but they've butchered rankings so ******* badly it's going to hurt the sport in the long run.

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
joke.

seriously how long have you even watched this sport.

seriously how long have you even watched this sport.
How long have ypou been watching the sport bla bla bla. This is a 37 year old Edgar, a waterdowned version of his former self.

Edgar is getting the 'long serving and good company boy' title fight and you know it.

He fought for the title and was totally outclassed by Aldo. Had a couple of good wins and then was ko'ed by Ortega.

Then beat Cub Swanson who has lets be honest, been pretty average for 5 years now. And that win was wasn't a super convincing one anyway and now he gets a title shot?

I am telling you Max will run rings around Edgar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back