news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Really?

No way I’d pay that.

I read a couple of Forbes articles

Id interpret that as the cheapest tickets are at time of writing. I struggle to believe that nosebleeds are 600 AUD.

Reading a Sherdog forum thread, seems its more around the 170-190 USD mark, which considering the venue capacity seems about right.

Still pretty bad though.

Periera wtf lol

He wouldn't want to lose after this s**t in the first round

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

That backflip s**t was some of the most useless stuff I've ever seen. Deserved to lose in the end.

That backflip s**t was some of the most useless stuff I've ever seen. Deserved to lose in the end.
yep for sure but the first 3 minutes sure was exciting

Poor Cerrone. Stock has lowered a bit in the last 2 fights.

Only a few months ago he was almost fighting McGregor, for huge money. Wouldn't get it now.

McGregor v Gaethje for November or December should be a fight.
Ferguson v Kabab sometime before Christmas too, should be arranged.
*in lol.

Khabib v Ferguson and Gaethje gets the winner or loser.

McNuggets is only in the picture for his name

Amazing respect from Gaethje to risk the win to ask the ref to stop it.

In the moment, they never know what will happen next, to risk the win waiting for the ref to do right thing is massive.

My respect for Gaethje has gone through the roof. Hope he smeshes Khabib (although I honestly believe Khabib is GOAT).

Also that no contest between Duffee and Hughes was bullshit.

I put a small nibble on Duffee for KO/TKO rd 1 and he was killing it.

Hope he gets another crack soon. Been cruelled by injuries. And whatsisname should be banned for eye gouging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's a very bad idea for Connor to face someone with KO power., even if he is better. Getting subbed again would hurt his money making opportunities enough, but getting KOd would be a disaster.

I think DC was being fairly diplomatic in the commentary but from a fighters perspective you could sense that he didn't think there was anything in it from a legitimate eye-poke perspective and that it seemed like a convenient excuse. Duffy just seemed to be simply asking for 'more time' while he caught his breath without actually looking concerned for his eye.

I was pretty disappointed seeing that, I thought with experience he might've turned a corner but it was all pretty weak. From the comfort of my armchair anyway. :p

Hardy v Lesnar if they want megabucks
Hardy v Ngannou if they believe in Karma
Hardy v Duffy for s**ts and giggles

Hardy vs Lesnar if they want to see a murder. That fight would be brutal!

Honestly, I like the Duffy fight for Hardy. Both are big, intimidating guys with limited skill sets. Duffy still likely has a bit of name recognition for having the fastest KO in heavyweight history.

Yair Rodriguez seems super underrated

Guys a beast & so entertaining
He is always exciting to watch. Still can’t believe that last second KO against Korean zombie in his last fight. QaI remember a while back a few people went off him after his fight against Zabit got cancelled. I can’t fully recall the details but it seemed like ufc kept trying to reschedule it but Yair seemed to be avoiding it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back