news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Jan 11, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Hardy v Lesnar if they want megabucks
Hardy v Ngannou if they believe in Karma
Hardy v Duffy for s**ts and giggles
I would like to see Hardy v Tuivasa. Would be some good s**t talk building up. Hardy has beat a few unknown names and Tai is on a bit of a slide. Would have been a good one of to put on the Melbourne card but looks like he has a different opponent booked

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I would like to see Hardy v Tuivasa. Would be some good s**t talk building up. Hardy has beat a few unknown names and Tai is on a bit of a slide. Would have been a good one of to put on the Melbourne card but looks like he has a different opponent booked
Funny you say that, he's fighting Ben Sosoli. An Australian HW who just fought on contender series and previously TUF. I think he's a training partner of Tai

I'm not very high on him, Hardy should roll but if Bens chin holds up i think Hardy's a quitter so he may be able to 'out-heart' for a win. Unlikely though IMO

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
He is always exciting to watch. Still can’t believe that last second KO against Korean zombie in his last fight. QaI remember a while back a few people went off him after his fight against Zabit got cancelled. I can’t fully recall the details but it seemed like ufc kept trying to reschedule it but Yair seemed to be avoiding it.
He got pounded out by Frankie Edgar, and then he knocked back the Zabit fight a few times which led to DW firing him, he backflipped once Yair finally agreed to fight him again. He doesn't handle forward pressure well - I think Stephens will finish him early.

How much history has there been for UFC fighters and acquired brain injuries (abi)? Big talk in footy regarding concussion and we still allow UFC. Interesting to see if anyone starts suing for negligence alleging breach of duty of care to prevent their ABI

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
How much history has there been for UFC fighters and acquired brain injuries (abi)? Big talk in footy regarding concussion and we still allow UFC. Interesting to see if anyone starts suing for negligence alleging breach of duty of care to prevent their ABI
CTE is huge in combat sports but they most certainly wont get anywhere trying to sue promoters for it. They willingly get in there

Gary Goodridge is probably the most extreme example of it for MMA/Kickboxing but i really fear for Mark Hunt, Chuck Liddell, BJ Penn etc. Already showing bad signs

For boxing, Manny Pac is in for a really rough time in old age...

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
There is some uncertainty at HW because DC is going to fight Stipe again and then retire.

so he could win the belt and immediately forfeit it, what then you have Stipe fight for it again?

Francis has to get the next shot, it will likely be Stipe Francis 2 regardless of the result in DC Stipe 3.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was at the pub to watch both F1 and Bathurst at the same time. There was also a women's ufc fight, Dern and someone else? Dern was in yellow? Anyway, she also has big boobs. As they were duking and feigning, there's Dern's boobs bobbing up and down. It distracted me from watching both races. It was mesmerising.
Had a baby only 4 months ago, very surprised to see her fighting so soon after giving birth.

Yair carried on like an absolute ******* last time. I hope Stephens floors him unconscious in brutal fashion

Seeing as Stephens called Volk a midget, im hoping for a double KO now :)

Back