news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

He got a 60 day suspension (45 days no contact) which is still yet to expire. I would be surprised if he was able to get in to any kind of serious training just yet. When was the speaking tour planned for?

November 20-something. The Melbourne event, anyway. It was a across Australia/NZ.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He got a 60 day suspension (45 days no contact) which is still yet to expire. I would be surprised if he was able to get in to any kind of serious training just yet. When was the speaking tour planned for?
I honestly had no idea about these suspensions, so I looked it up.

I've been a casual fan of UFC for years, I like to think of myself as somewhat learned, but seriously, I had no idea about this.

It makes sense, though.

I do wonder, how strictly is the 'no contact' enforced?

Do spies come and watch their training? I doubt it.

as a fight fanufc 245 would be a snooze fest without Colby

Usman is the most irrelevant champ i can remember

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Dana said must have been in the presser, Rob is keen to come straight back so they’re working on something for him.

explains that talking tour cancellation.

I think Hermansson or Gastelum would be good options, I don’t think they’d want to potentially lose the prospect of Jared Cannonier but maybe.

Joker91

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2012
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Dana said must have been in the presser, Rob is keen to come straight back so they’re working on something for him.

I think Hermansson or Gastelum would be good options, I don’t think they’d want to potentially lose the prospect of Jared Cannonier but maybe.

Lol they aren’t going to give Whittaker someone coming off a loss.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
as a fight fanufc 245 would be a snooze fest without Colby

Usman is the most irrelevant champ i can remember

As a fight fan, I think that's a huge load of drivel. Colby not being on 245 would have no bearing on people watching it as the card is stacked. Holloway is one of the most dynamic and exciting fighters in the game right now and faces an unbeaten (in the UFC) contender, the female GOAT is fighting another great striker, one of the best ever fights a recent title challenger at a new weight class and another terrific prospect opens the card against a cagey vet who looked great in his comeback fight. How anyone looks at that and decides a poor man's Chael Sonnen is the only thing worth watching is beyond me.

And how do you determine Usman being the most irrelevant champ of all time? He just had a terrific victory over a very good champion and has looked nothing short of dominant in his other fights.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Usman vs Colby is pretty interesting. Fair to say I have NFI how it plays out. Don’t think Usman can grapple with him tbh. I hate Colby but he is pretty legit and his pace could trouble Usman. I just want him to win so we can see the fight vs Masvidal

As a fight fan, I think that's a huge load of drivel. Colby not being on 245 would have no bearing on people watching it as the card is stacked. Holloway is one of the most dynamic and exciting fighters in the game right now and faces an unbeaten (in the UFC) contender, the female GOAT is fighting another great striker, one of the best ever fights a recent title challenger at a new weight class and another terrific prospect opens the card against a cagey vet who looked great in his comeback fight. How anyone looks at that and decides a poor man's Chael Sonnen is the only thing worth watching is beyond me.

And how do you determine Usman being the most irrelevant champ of all time? He just had a terrific victory over a very good champion and has looked nothing short of dominant in his other fights.

sorry i worded that wrong. 245 is stacked.

I meant to say Usman i find to be quite boring himself. Nothing about him or his style gets me excited. I hope Colby hammers him

Whittaker vs Till makes sense, but it sounds like Rob wants to fight within the next couple of months.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
sorry i worded that wrong. 245 is stacked.

I meant to say Usman i find to be quite boring himself. Nothing about him or his style gets me excited. I hope Colby hammers him

Fair enough, that makes more sense.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sean Shelby typically matches up winners vs. winners, losers vs. losers.

Whittaker vs. Gastelum
Till vs. Cannonier

Makes most sense to me.
From what we’ve recently heard from Dana denying Romero the title shot following back to back losses (fair) I think they’ll make Cannonier vs Romero around Jan next year.

Winner could fight Israel if they do it quickly, problem is if it’s a tough fight could open the door for Costa to come back in who’s more deserving than both those guys anyway.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Gotta say I used to not be a big fan of the arrogant Liverpool Till but the last few weeks from his class on the weigh in controversy with Gastelum to his honest answers after the fight I'm converted.

People like Masvidal and Diaz are BMFs for sure but to be that nervous before a bout and still go out and perform is a high high level of respect from me.

Yeah, Till is becoming one of my favorites alongside Whittaker, who's my favourite fighter for a reason. A killer in the cage, but a genuine bloke outside.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I doubt Jones has much trouble with Reyes tbh. Hope I'm wrong but I see him winning 9/10 times

Rumble at 205 would have been a good fight. Jones doesn't use his wrestling as much as he should so gives Rumble a shot. More of a shot than he had v DC anyway

Dale_Thomas

Senior List
Apr 6, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Still a lot to be confirmed, but 2020 schedule slowly coming together.

Great to see Auckland get another event, they deserve it.
London could feature Till vs. Whittaker and Edwards vs. Woodley
Brooklyn hopefully Khabib vs. Ferguson

faa9620p89041.jpg

deklares

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Robert Whittaker
Still a lot to be confirmed, but 2020 schedule slowly coming together.

Great to see Auckland get another event, they deserve it.
London could feature Till vs. Whittaker and Edwards vs. Woodley
Brooklyn hopefully Khabib vs. Ferguson

faa9620p89041.jpg
Lock it in..

Back