news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Still a lot to be confirmed, but 2020 schedule slowly coming together.

Great to see Auckland get another event, they deserve it.
London could feature Till vs. Whittaker and Edwards vs. Woodley
Brooklyn hopefully Khabib vs. Ferguson

faa9620p89041.jpg
UFC 249 Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY.

Khabib vs Ferguson.

Might just have to have a look at that one

Because he believes his fine from the NSAC is disproportionate to Connors considering how much he's brought the sport into disrepute for his actions there.

On SM-N950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
A state athletic commission can’t lawfully or even morally hold someone accountable for things outside of the state they govern.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
245 going to be a great card to finish off the year

Vulcan might be the one with the ability to knock Holloway off his Featherweight throne.

Colby v Usman is the perfect clash of pacey wrestlers, seriously they both have almost the exact same style.

And if that wasn't enough, Nunes returns to defend her Bantamweight crown.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, don't discuss that fight until they're in the cage and Buffer has announced them. It's cursed

Re: Max/Volkanovski - Max will prove to have too much volume & cardio for Volkan. Alex is pretty meat and potatoes in his approach; if he needs to wrestle he will. If he needs to strike he will. The trouble here is his wrestling isn't good enough to dominate Max, or even hold him against the cage for long periods. Max will pour on the striking at range and win the judge's cards if Alex just stalls. Aldo made no effort to get his back off the cage, Max won't make these periods easy for Alex. This is a huge step up for AV while absolutely nothing MH hasn't seen before.

I hope AV comes out aggressive, that's his path to victory IMO. Land heavy shots and keep Max off him by earning his respect early. If he allows Max to throw lots of volume he'll get worn down as the fight goes on

For the gamblers, I think Max in rounds 4, 5 or by decision at $2.10 is a decent bet.

Not all that excited for Usman/Colby. I know I should be, clear #1 and 2 in the division but I just couldn't care less. Hope Colby wins it for twitter melts but that's about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Yeah, don't discuss that fight until they're in the cage and Buffer has announced them. It's cursed

Re: Max/Volkanovski - Max will prove to have too much volume & cardio for Volkan. Alex is pretty meat and potatoes in his approach; if he needs to wrestle he will. If he needs to strike he will. The trouble here is his wrestling isn't good enough to dominate Max, or even hold him against the cage for long periods. Max will pour on the striking at range and win the judge's cards if Alex just stalls. Aldo made no effort to get his back off the cage, Max won't make these periods easy for Alex. This is a huge step up for AV while absolutely nothing MH hasn't seen before.

I hope AV comes out aggressive, that's his path to victory IMO. Land heavy shots and keep Max off him by earning his respect early. If he allows Max to throw lots of volume he'll get worn down as the fight goes on

For the gamblers, I think Max in rounds 4, 5 or by decision at $2.10 is a decent bet.

Not all that excited for Usman/Colby. I know I should be, clear #1 and 2 in the division but I just couldn't care less. Hope Colby wins it for twitter melts but that's about it

Agree on max/volk. Also not sure he has the power to really trouble Max.
Tbh I actually want Colby to win even though I can’t stand the campaigner, Usman is completely insufferable to me. Comes across as just a smarmy campaigner

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Agree on max/volk. Also not sure he has the power to really trouble Max.
Tbh I actually want Colby to win even though I can’t stand the campaigner, Usman is completely insufferable to me. Comes across as just a smarmy campaigner
Agree. Colby is supposed to be the bad guy here yet more people want him to win as is Usman's incredibly boring personality and style.

Welterweight, for all its talent, is the worst division in the UFC to watch atm (excluding wmma). Woodley was boring, Usman is boring, Edwards is boring, Wonderboy has been boring as bat s**t outside 1-2 fights, Colby is boring, Maia has stunk the place up more often than not. Unfortunately, these guys beat the exciting fighters like Luque, Robbie etc

Masvidal has turned it around but god is he insufferable outside the cage. It's like he always has to be 'on'. Has to be the mucho tough guy no matter the scenario but he's just a paranoid loser I rekn. Had some fun fights though

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
fu** I hate manager Ali. Deadset one of the biggest scumbags going around.
He will get his soon enough. I think the walls are slowly closing in

It's a disgrace the UFC, Ali, ESPN say deals are done when they're not. Really does prove Ali is on the UFC payroll in some fashion IMO

I genuinely think he negotiates his clients' shitter deals than he knows he can and gets a kickback from Dana for it. This way he gets his 15% from the client + UFC money. God knows what he gets away with in PFL where he was an executive/match maker + represented over half the roster

It's a sport of scumbags but some are worse than others. Ali being one of them

Welterweight :/

He wants a 3rd belt and he’ll probably get the opportunity if he gets past Cerrone.
i lover Cowboy but Mcnuggets will get in his head.

If it is at welterweight someone like Masvidal will slaughter him

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think this is only at 170 as its just 6-7 weeks away so less stressful weight cut. I seriously doubt they give him a title fight over Mas who's one of their hottest stars right now.

Imagine Colby or Usman v Conor? He will get raped.

Joker91

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2012
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Masdival v McGregor makes perfect sense financially.

McGregor said weeks ago he wants three fights in 2020. Second fight Masdival, third fight Khabib in Moscow.

Masdival v McGregor makes perfect sense financially.

McGregor said weeks ago he wants three fights in 2020. Second fight Masdival, third fight Khabib in Moscow.
He only gets the third if he wins the first two. He could still get the second even if he loses to cowboy as it's a pure money fight and Masvidal won't be remotely scared of losing to Conor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back