news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone tuning in to fedor & rampage this weekend?
Both obviously pretty washed but I’m still interested to see how it plays out. Probably a 1st round KO either way. Fedor is kind of ruining his legacy at this point still fighting. He was the best in his prime imo
Welp, not an enjoyable fight at all. Rampage looked super slow and unable to fire. Worse than Liddell looked against Ortiz. Sad to watch.

Welp, not an enjoyable fight at all. Rampage looked super slow and unable to fire. Worse than Liddell looked against Ortiz. Sad to watch.

Looked like a big Fugazi show to me. The way Rampage went down & shaked his head, bit of a wtf

Rampage is now this generations Bob Sapp. Sad thing is he probably made $500K to show up tonight and that was his effort. 2 punches thrown, none landed and quit at the first hurdle. Pathetic

MVP needs to fight top 10 guys. I dont think hes champ material but squash matches do nothing for him, he will never break through rarely facing adversity but hes good to watch i guess

Looked like a big Fugazi show to me. The way Rampage went down & shaked his head, bit of a wtf

It almost looked to me like he realised Fedor was way too quick for him. Fedor looked a like he was 20 compared to Rampage and I think Rampage didn't want to die inside the ring. 10 years ago watching these 2 fight I would have screaming and lost my mind at the result. Instead I barely blinked through the fight, was quite sad really.

Rampage is now this generations Bob Sapp. Sad thing is he probably made $500K to show up tonight and that was his effort. 2 punches thrown, none landed and quit at the first hurdle. Pathetic

MVP needs to fight top 10 guys. I dont think hes champ material but squash matches do nothing for him, he will never break through rarely facing adversity but hes good to watch i guess

Yeah watching him toy with that bloke was like 'the * are you fighting him for'

I had no interest watching Rampage fighting 50+ pounds above his usual fight weight and turns out I didn't miss much. If that's not a sign that he needs to hang them up, I don't know what it will take to convince him.

Like most of you, I've got no idea why they are still feeding cans to MVP. He looked fantastic in the first round against Lima who has proven to be world class and picked up a (very boring) win against Paul Daley who has proven to be a high class fighter at 170. I believe they are looking at matching him up against Lorenz Larkin next which would be a great test for him.

Well, I wasn't completely sold on the guy but Masvidal told fox sports au that he would physically come and help fight fires in February when he visits. Mad respect there.
He's also been given the easiest fight of his career. Reportedly fighting Nick Diaz at 248

If Masvidal is $1.20 or better take out a loan and bet everything you have. Lay-up of a fight

* Gamble responsibly

He's also been given the easiest fight of his career. Reportedly fighting Nick Diaz at 248

If Masvidal is $1.20 or better take out a loan and bet everything you have. Lay-up of a fight

* Gamble responsibly
Lmao what?

He just fought Nate, who's considerably worse than Nick.

* Gamble responsibly
Where the hell did you see that? Nick Diaz has to be in the USADA testing pool for 3 months before he's eligible to fight and if McGregor smokes cowboy his next fight would probably be Masvidal.

Where the hell did you see that? Nick Diaz has to be in the USADA testing pool for 3 months before he's eligible to fight and if McGregor smokes cowboy his next fight would probably be Masvidal.
Saw it on twitter.

That said, I can't see anything on reddit or anything so probably a load...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw it on twitter.

That said, I can't see anything on reddit or anything so probably a load...
I call bullshit on it. Dana White said he had talked to the matchmakers about it but there's no way it's this close to being booked especially for a date. I can't see it happening either Nick did not look great in his last interview

Lmao what?

He just fought Nate, who's considerably worse than Nick.
Nick hasn't won a fight since BJ Penn in 2011 so to say Nate is considerably worse is nostalgia and nothing more. Nick would get absolutely smoked if he came back and fought a top 10 opponent

He's durable and good cardio so he'd take the beating on route to a 30-27 loss.

Won't matter as it's probably a rubbish rumour anyway

I call bullshit on it. Dana White said he had talked to the matchmakers about it but there's no way it's this close to being booked especially for a date. I can't see it happening either Nick did not look great in his last interview
Agreed. I think I said it in here Nick needs to stay away from the cage now and people like Helwani should stop pushing for his return. It's unsafe

If he came back, he gets demolished

Nick hasn't won a fight since BJ Penn in 2011 so to say Nate is considerably worse is nostalgia and nothing more. Nick would get absolutely smoked if he came back and fought a top 10 opponent

He's durable and good cardio so he'd take the beating on route to a 30-27 loss.

Won't matter as it's probably a rubbish rumour anyway
I don't think there is ANYTHING that Nate does better than Nick

I don't think there is ANYTHING that Nate does better than Nick
Well, fight for one. Again, Nick hasn't won a fight in 9 years haha. You're basing this off nostalgia and not reality

In their prime? Obviously Nick is better but he's a brain dead, CTE, weed junkie who's been out of the game forever...

Well, fight for one. Again, Nick hasn't won a fight in 9 years haha. You're basing this off nostalgia and not reality

In their prime? Obviously Nick is better but he's a brain dead, CTE, weed junkie who's been out of the game forever...
well no, Nate doesn't fight better than Nick.

Yeah obviously Nick hasn't fought in a long time, but when Nate came back after 3 years off everyone was applauding how good he looked. Nick's last 3 fights were Anderson Silva, a prime Condit and GSP lmao. Much much much tougher fights than a washed up anthony pettis.

I'm basing this off skills, Nick is a more skilled and better overall fighter than Nate. No question about it. And Nate is literally even more brain dead than Nick hahaha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back