news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Khabib won't turn down the biggest UFC payday of all time. DW's already indicated that.
Khabib would rather GSP but I don't think itll happen. Let's be real, Khabib hates Conor but why would you fight Gaethje in December for 100k when you could fight Conor for 50 million or whatever ridiculous number that fight will earn him.

Conor has the biggest fights in the company anyway. It doesn't matter who he fights, him v Barboza outsells Khabib v Tony. The UFC shouldn't care about him in a title fight IMO

He also won't defend it if he won it anyway. He'd try to go to 170 or just hold up divisions like last time. It's better for fans he doesn't win it. We get the Conor show once a year and the title stays active
As opposed to Khabib's increidbly active period as champion?

Conor would have been stripped by now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opinion time
The double belt thing is bullshit. Id only respect it if they were both defended.
Don't get me wrong I'll watch the crossover division fights and love them but it doesn't really add as much to your resume as defending your title multiple times.

Opinion time
The double belt thing is bullshit. Id only respect it if they were both defended.
Don't get me wrong I'll watch the crossover division fights and love them but it doesn't really add as much to your resume as defending your title multiple times.

I disagree, the ability to move between divisions and still win gets a lot of respect from me, it's actually one reason Jon Jones doesn't get the respect he deserves imo. People say he needs to go to HW to be the GOAT, i don't really understand that, if he did and cleaned out that division as well he's even more clearly the GOAT.

I disagree, the ability to move between divisions and still win gets a lot of respect from me, it's actually one reason Jon Jones doesn't get the respect he deserves imo. People say he needs to go to HW to be the GOAT, i don't really understand that, if he did and cleaned out that division as well he's even more clearly the GOAT.
I'm not talking about someone who moves up and cleans out the division. I'm talking about McGregor moving up immediately from 45 to 55 and then being called a double champ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back