news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mike Perry's interview with Helwani today was terrible. He's lost the plot. I hope Iaquinta mauls him in the grappling match.

It was interesting to hear Poirier talk, he doesn't sound super interested in many fights or he thinks he has a bit more pull than he really does. Iaquinta wants him bad.

Mike Perry's interview with Helwani today was terrible. He's lost the plot. I hope Iaquinta mauls him in the grappling match.

It was interesting to hear Poirier talk, he doesn't sound super interested in many fights or he thinks he has a bit more pull than he really does. Iaquinta wants him bad.
Who is there for Poirier right now?

Who is there for Poirier right now?
Not sure, McGregor has ****ed that division. No one wants to take fights in case in they can get that red panty night
Poirier or Gaethje should be fighting McGregor.

The divisions been held up at the top so long there isn't fights for anyone. Iaquinta lost to hooker so probably ain't getting a top 5 opponent next.

Dustin definitely does think he was a bit of pull, which he does somewhat. Gained from winning the interim belt and of course fighting Khabib. He only wants big fights now but there clearly isn’t that many. He did agree to fight Nate at 230 but it got pulled, but if Diaz comes back surely he’ll fight Conor anyway.

I pay for the big cards but they're getting rare. Probably will for Khabib-Tony but the last few and the next one are weak as piss by PPV standards
The product is very watered down now. Turning into boxing with 1 fight worth watching per card...

I think that's their model now though. Just sh1t out content, they don't expect you to watch it all but expect overall ratings to be solid regardless. No one watches every NBA game but the content is there for whoever wants to watch. Turning me into a 'casual' and I've watched this since pre TUF 1
ESPN are getting big fights now

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

ESPN are getting big fights now

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
Yah the 'stacked' main cards are now spread around the fight night cards. Blachowitz Anderson the perfect example, would have been on a PPV on the main card before but now main events a fight night.

lol I love Perry. Dude is funny as *
Probably got the strongest chin in the UFC too

Haven't listened yet but was he as unhinged as Diego Sanchez was last week?

The winner of Lee and Oliviera makes sense I think. Gives him a name that would be in the top 5 and would put him right back in the title race if he wins.

Or the winner of Hooker vs Felder would be a good match for him or Gaethje.

Haven't listened yet but was he as unhinged as Diego Sanchez was last week?

Probably not as unhinged but equally as delusional. Seems pretty certain he's going to smoke Al in their grappling match with no real training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or the winner of Hooker vs Felder would be a good match for him or Gaethje.

Yep, the winner of Hooker and Felder is another good option. If he's looking for a way back to a title shot, a win over either of them or the Lee Oliveira winner would look great on his resume.

I can't see him re-matching Gaethje any time soon, purely because he's a fresh match up for Khabib if he beats both Ferguson and Conor this year.

Diego Sanchez was on Helwani's podcast again with his trainer guru. Woah. That coach/manager operates in a different reality.

That fight makes absolutely NO sense for Poirier.

Possibly winner of Felder v Hooker.

The Iaquinta fight doesn't make much sense for Poirier, but often those fights only make sense for 1 of the 2 fighters. It's a good matchup and avenue for Iaquinta to get back into the top 5. Often ranked opponents get matched up for their opponent's benefit, particularly if it's not an obvious title eliminator.

Realistically I'd love to see Santos vs Reyes. Those 2 would be fun together.

I think Blachowitz has to get the next shot.
The Iaquinta fight doesn't make much sense for Poirier, but often those fights only make sense for 1 of the 2 fighters. It's a good matchup and avenue for Iaquinta to get back into the top 5. Often ranked opponents get matched up for their opponent's benefit, particularly if it's not an obvious title eliminator.

Depends, If Poirier starched him in the first minute it throws his name back up in lights for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back