news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

looks like they are pushing to get Ngannou/Rozenstruik on 249.
Hopefuly that gets done, a fight I really wanna see even tho I think the Predator steamrolls him.

Don't necessarily feel sorry for Jones but he needs to be locked up for a while in some sort of facility, for his and the general public's safety.

Video doing the rounds looks like the police were very good with him.

Just a seriously broken individual that needs help ASAP.

Don't necessarily feel sorry for Jones but he needs to be locked up for a while in some sort of facility, for his and the general public's safety.

it’s hard to know what goes on in the mind of Jon Jones. He tries to portray a public image of being a good Christian. But then he goes out and consistently finds himself in trouble.

I cant see how they get 249 done with travel bans in place.

Hope it happens, im so bored with no sport but just seems near impossible to get done. Ship in international waters about the only thing? Test everyone before, after. Fly in via private plane/chopper. Hard to see working

I don't think he needs to be locked up, he just needs to stay away from alcohol (especially spirits) and drugs.
If he does that he'll be fine, and not fined.
Fingers crossed he learns from this one.

I don't think he needs to be locked up, he just needs to stay away from alcohol (especially spirits) and drugs.

Kinda like Hermes Franca just needs to stay away from underage girls? Strange take Daz. He's a multi time f#ck up who doesn't appear to have learned or matured from his previous indiscretions. I've been a fan since the first fight of his I saw and was prepared to give him second and third chances over the years. I haven't read up too much on his recent incident but if it's bad enough and he sees some jail time, hopefully it helps open his eyes.

Hope it happens, im so bored with no sport but just seems near impossible to get done. Ship in international waters about the only thing? Test everyone before, after. Fly in via private plane/chopper. Hard to see working

I think Dana's talking a big game to give fans and fighters hope, but like you can't see a way it gets done. Perhaps if they did a state based card (California, Florida or Vegas) they may be able to cobble something decent together, but flying in fighters from interstate/other countries likely doesn't happen.

Kinda like Hermes Franca just needs to stay away from underage girls? Strange take Daz. He's a multi time f#ck up who doesn't appear to have learned or matured from his previous indiscretions. I've been a fan since the first fight of his I saw and was prepared to give him second and third chances over the years. I haven't read up too much on his recent incident but if it's bad enough and he sees some jail time, hopefully it helps open his eyes.

I think Dana's talking a big game to give fans and fighters hope, but like you can't see a way it gets done. Perhaps if they did a state based card (California, Florida or Vegas) they may be able to cobble something decent together, but flying in fighters from interstate/other countries likely doesn't happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My UFC Sunday is starting with UFC 101 and then I’ll watch UFC 116, two decent cards from what I remember. Only main card is on Fightpass u fortunately for 101, shame, I seem to remember Sotiropoulos having a good win.
Whenever i see sotirpoulos name it reminds me of the first Aussie card. Great event and atmosphere. His fight with Joe Daddy was fantastic, crowd singing the whole time. Bisping/Wanderlei was probably the best atmosphere ive been apart of for a fight. Perosh got stomped bad by cro cop.

Dont think we get the same enthusiasm and hype for cards here now. Also how things change, that was only an 8-9 fight card from memory. Now 12 is the norm...

Well this is Dana’s time to shine.
I’ve never really liked him but if he can successfully pull this off he will garner a bit of respect

I don’t think it’s any chance of happening.

IF it did happen though. I’m assuming this would be the only fight? Not a actual card.
How much would the ufc try and charge for the PPV?

Dana's a genius if can pull this off.

It'll be the only live sport in the world you'll be able to watch.

Submission Underground was on the other day i believe, but yes you're right generally speaking, I'm sure that's why Dana is pushing for it so much.

My current Fightpass watching regime is all Jon Jones' UFC fights, just finished the Machida one. His improvement is absolutely astonishing, his striking was so awkward and wrong against Gusmao, then you see him against Bonnar two fights later and the progression is ridiculous, destroys Shogun not long after, such good memories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back