news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Khabib is out of 249, can't leave Russia.
I swear to the lord Jesus Christ himself that if Tony is given another fight that isn't a title fight and is not rightfully compensated I wont watch another UFC fight again.

The reasons for this fight getting pushed back are getting more and more strange. Ferg tripping over after an interview to a once in every couple of hundred years pandemic. I can only assume the 6th cancellation will have to be due to alien abduction or something equally bizarre.

If Tony gets a fight, I hope it's for an interim title and I hope he's compensated exceptionally well. I don't particularly like him, but arguably nobody has ever deserved a big opportunity more in the UFC than he does now. I'd have to assume it would be Gaethje getting the call if this card does go ahead, so hopefully he's been preparing.

Tony vs Cowboy 2, the fight we all want.

this fight needs postponing and it’s looking more and more likely that will happen. As soon as we can get it going again with crowds book ASAP, Probably would have to be end of year post Ramadan

Tony vs Gaethje now a chance reports saying.

Tony should never have ever fought Cowboy or Pettis it was ridiculous really he was already the champion, thankfully he clobbered both. To do this again is crazy stuff. Sport is nuts, maybe this guy never gets his shot, unthinkable.

Tony vs Gaethje now a chance reports saying.

Tony should never have ever fought Cowboy or Pettis it was ridiculous really he was already the champion, thankfully he clobbered both. To do this again is crazy stuff. Sport is nuts, maybe this guy never gets his shot, unthinkable.
As much as it sucks the selfish part of me loves that fight

I love Khabib/Tony more. Let's just postpone it a few months til this virus passes IMO then throw Gaethje in the mix.

I said a month ago if the universe can't stop them fighting it'll just stop the rest of the world watching. Unreal.

They shouldn't even announce the next fight, just a week before they would fight have them walk out for the press conference.
And a plane just falls out of the sky and kills them both.

And a plane just falls out of the sky and kills them both.
Probably a small meteor which collides with another in deep space just at enough of an angle to send the moon spiralling out of orbit and into both of them at the stadium as Bruce buffer finishes yelling ' it's time'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I would like to see some fights right now I just don’t think it’s realistic. There’s obviously the massive issue surrounding travel restrictions, organising a venue, how many people can actually be there with social distancing rules. Let alone the fact that quite often fighters require hospital visits following competing which are already full and are turning away a lot of people whose treatment can wait. So many things would have to change between now and then for this card to go ahead.

Hang on wasnt khabib given the whole training centre at AMA so he could prepare on his own/with team only?

What the fu** did he leave for?

According to him, he was told the fight would likely be held in the UAE so went home to continue training as he had no reason to be in the US.

FFS

They aren't going to get a real challenger sorted for April 18, card should just be cancelled.

Khabib better defend his title ASAP after the COVID situation is under control, and preferably against Tony.

FFS

They aren't going to get a real challenger sorted for April 18, card should just be cancelled.

Khabib better defend his title ASAP after the COVID situation is under control, and preferably against Tony.

yeh agreed. cancel the ******* card

FFS

There is no other option than against Tony Ferguson, most deserved title shot in UFC history.

Since there was going to be no attendance I didn’t want it to happen. I’ve accepted it not to happen rn.

As soon as we can go again it should be the first ppv, venue isn’t that significant it will sell out anywhere. Unfortunately Khabib has that delusion with Vegas though which may be tough to book in NYC just because of competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back