news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Aldo 2-4 in his last 6 gets a title shot 5 of his last 9 fights have been for a belt but apparently McGregor is Dana’s favourite Aldo and Romero get undeserved title fights all the time off losses

Tony wins 12 straight and loses one and won’t get dick

Aldo getting a shot can be questioned but not Yan imo. Hes been f’ed by many and hes dominant. Him v Marlon/Sterling was the fight to make imo

Moares/sterling/sandagren all more worthy of fighting for the belt than aldo and yan

Aldo 2-4 in his last 6 gets a title shot 5 of his last 9 fights have been for a belt but apparently McGregor is Dana’s favourite Aldo and Romero get undeserved title fights all the time off losses

Tony wins 12 straight and loses one and won’t get dick
Aldo gets the shot purely because he’s a bigger name than the other 135ers.

Simple he will sell more on ppv then they will, so he gets the shot. It’s a little embarrassing tbh though because it’s so undeserved.

Aldo gets the shot purely because he’s a bigger name than the other 135ers.

Simple he will sell more on ppv then they will, so he gets the shot. It’s a little embarrassing tbh though because it’s so undeserved.
Aldo/holly holm and Romero the three horse people of undeserved title matches

Aldo/holly holm and Romero the three horse people of undeserved title matches

Yep.

Aldo at least has his FW championship run, but having gone 3-7 since the Conor fight, he's exhausted all the good will. Joke he's been given a shot.

Should have been Sterling/Moraes IMO. Yan will have a great career but needs to build up his resume in the UFC though. Last 3 fights haven't exactly been against world beaters the top of their game. Bantamweight as thin as Flyweight atm.

Massive fight for both. As a big Rob fan, this match-up slightly worries me.

Geez that is going to be a cracker

Not sure who starts favourite maybe Whittaker slightly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez that is going to be a cracker

Not sure who starts favourite maybe Whittaker slightly
* I reckon I'd have Till as slight favourite just due to his superior reach, Rob's really gonna have to work to get inside it and tills got that nasty left.

Huge danger fight

fu** I reckon I'd have Till as slight favourite just due to his superior reach, Rob's really gonna have to work to get inside it and tills got that nasty left.

Huge danger fight
danger fight for both. Whoever wins is almost thrown into the number 1 title contender after Costa

I'm a big Till fan.

But when you look at his record, it's not that impressive. 9 fights in the UFC, only 2 wins by KO.

He beat two of the best in the game (Wonderboy and Gastelum), but by razor thin decisions.

He still needs that big showtime performance to properly propel him into star status.

I'm a big Till fan.

But when you look at his record, it's not that impressive. 9 fights in the UFC, only 2 wins by KO.

He beat two of the best in the game (Wonderboy and Gastelum), but by razor thin decisions.

He still needs that big showtime performance to properly propel him into star status.
I guess he hasn’t been that spectacular in there but he’s a big name basically carrying the uk fans. sorry leon

People underestimated the significance of the Gastelum fight, everyone was worried he would be knocked out. He went from a mid ranking welterweight coming off two brutal loses to now being a top four ranked middleweight one win away from a title shot.

it was a huge win for him,I think kelvin taking that fight shows how Till stands.

Khabib with answers in every position/situation. So tricky and strong af.

Still hoping for Khabib vs Tony at some point!! 🤞
Edit: also, can't deny that Khabib vs Conor 2 wouldn't be the biggest fight in ufc history.

Forgot how utterly dominant that 2nd round was. Herb was very close to stepping in during that standing GnP.

Funniest thing about the Khabib Conor fight is all the fanboys saying Conor took a round from Khabib, Khabib literally had so little respect for him he stood and traded for a whole round to tease him.

It was one of the most utterly dominate title fights ever.

Robs boxing is far superior to Till. I think he sits Till down just like Masvidal did. The biggest question mark over the fight is Robs health, but assuming hes healthy this is his easiest fight since Natal imo

Funniest thing about the Khabib Conor fight is all the fanboys saying Conor took a round from Khabib, Khabib literally had so little respect for him he stood and traded for a whole round to tease him.

It was one of the most utterly dominate title fights ever.
It was pretty dominant.
Nowhere near the dominance of Jonny Bones vs Rua though. that fight and Garbrandt vs Cruz are the best ive seen

Why are champs feeling the need to walk away from their title and the sport in order to gain leverage? Which side is being unreasonable here?

Last edited:
They all want Conor money but people aren't buying their PPVs. Hardcore fans will watch but strangers aren't buying UFC PPVs because Cejudo, Jones, Usman etc are on the card.
It's interesting. In regards to Jon it seems directly related to the Ngannou fight he was angling for. That fight would have done serious numbers IMO.

Doesn't mean Jon wasn't being unreasonable at the negotiating table. I don't trust a word out of Danas mouth these days either hence the question.

Cejudo doing this is one thing but Jones is one of their top handful of draws.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back