news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Its ridiculous that there are different size cages to begin with imo.

Edit: Oh your last line says exactly that. One day I swear I'll learn to read the whole post before replying.

Venue size i believe. Couldnt be tv, why would they care? Could be wrong but cant think of a reason for tv

Looks like there's plenty of space for a bigger cage though?

In any event, like Quiv said it's ridiculous they're not universally the same size.

Are pro boxing rings all the same size?

Looks like there's plenty of space for a bigger cage though?

In any event, like Quiv said it's ridiculous they're not universally the same size.

Are pro boxing rings all the same size?
No. Believe the size can change there too. Depends on amateur/pro and can vary from 20 to 24 feet from memory

Izzy/Costa looks like it'll be in Vegas at the Apex. This means small cage

Bigger cage would suit Izzy a lot more. He'd want the room to move around and counter.

All title fights should be big cage but really, all fights should be in the same size regardless. What sport changes the field size so flippantly for the elite competitors

AFL...

Legit though, it’s ridiculous that the UFC doesn’t have consistent cage sizes, other promotions wanna change it up so be it, but within the same promotion is insane.

AFL...

Legit though, it’s ridiculous that the UFC doesn’t have consistent cage sizes, other promotions wanna change it up so be it, but within the same promotion is insane.
AFL, soccer, cricket etc change marginally but its minor and without reason given the size of the field and cost in rebuilding existing grounds. Theres literally no excuse for the differing cage sizes

AFL, soccer, cricket etc change marginally but its minor and without reason given the size of the field and cost in rebuilding existing grounds. Theres literally no excuse for the differing cage sizes

AFL is not really marginal there are pretty sizable discrepancies between GMHBA and the G for example.

In any event the question wasn’t why it was what sport has difference in the fields. I agree it’s stupid the cage is different sizes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guessing till or Gastelum vs Shabazyan next

Gastelum, more likely. Till's stock didn't take much of a hit from the Whittaker loss. I reckon he'll face Hermansson.

Jesus Rob. Why not wait for the title shot?
I don't think he's next in line so he'd be waiting a very long time. Cannon was next and Herman/Rob were a win away

He should have pushed for the Hermansen fight who I think he beats pretty easily and solidifies #1 contender. This is a much tougher fight (though definitely winnable)

I don't think he's next in line so he'd be waiting a very long time. Cannon was next and Herman/Rob were a win away

He should have pushed for the Hermansen fight who I think he beats pretty easily and solidifies #1 contender. This is a much tougher fight (though definitely winnable)
He entered the Till fight as the number 1 contender and won. How can anyone be ahead of him?

He entered the Till fight as the number 1 contender and won. How can anyone be ahead of him?
Rankings don't determine title shots. UFC move fighters up/down when they fight for promotion. Need not look further than Conor still being ranked #4 despite 1 win in 4 years over #13 ranked Cowboy. Nate's still ranked at 170. Frankie still top 10 at 145 & Aldo got the last 135 title shot...
Rob just got smoked by Izzy. I don't think anyone is clamouring for a rematch just yet

He wasn't next in line despite the number next to his name (unless there were injuries and he got it for convenience sake)

What’s the deal with Ortega these days? Hasn’t fought since the loss to Holloway. Was booked to fight Korean zombie but that fell through. He is still highly ranked on the featherweight division but guys like Kattar are starting to become more relevant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back