news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Struggling to care for this stipe dc fight.. honestly they should just both retire now. Just wanna see Francis dominate all
The big problem I’ve always forecasted is if DC wins. He’s immediately retiring.

You kinda have to put Stipe straight back in there against Francis for the vacant belt

The big problem I’ve always forecasted is if DC wins. He’s immediately retiring.

You kinda have to put Stipe straight back in there against Francis for the vacant belt

if stipe wins he’ll probably retire as well.

best case is dc wins and fights jones at heavyweight or francis fights jones for the vacant hw belt. both unlikely.

if stipe wins he’ll probably retire as well.

best case is dc wins and fights jones at heavyweight or francis fights jones for the vacant hw belt. both unlikely.
Is there talk of Stipe retiring?

I think this is defo DC's final fight.

If DC wins we could see Francis vs Jones for vacant belt. If Stipe wins he fights Francis.

I'm loving this Stipe vs DC, best of 3 fight. Each man with a W. Rare to get a trilogy like this.

Is there talk of Stipe retiring?

I think this is defo DC's final fight.

If DC wins we could see Francis vs Jones for vacant belt. If Stipe wins he fights Francis.

I'm loving this Stipe vs DC, best of 3 fight. Each man with a W. Rare to get a trilogy like this.
I remember hearing somewhere about Stipe he may want to become a full time fire fighter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so Jones has officially vacated the LHW title and he says he's gaining weight for HW, great news i reckon, he was pretty much done at LHW anyway.

So who should he fight? I would love to see Overeem as his first fight, reckon it would be exciting as hell.

And FWIW I think Jones will win the belt and not lose at HW, he's past his prime but not that far, he'll still have the biggest reach in the division and he'll be quicker than most of the guys at HW too.

Ok so Jones has officially vacated the LHW title and he says he's gaining weight for HW, great news i reckon, he was pretty much done at LHW anyway.

So who should he fight? I would love to see Overeem as his first fight, reckon it would be exciting as hell.

And FWIW I think Jones will win the belt and not lose at HW, he's past his prime but not that far, he'll still have the biggest reach in the division and he'll be quicker than most of the guys at HW too.
Ngannou is a real wild card, that guy could shut the lights out of the sun with one punch.
Jon might be able to keep his distance and he will certainly use his teep kicks and elbows to keep range better than most heavyweights but s**t Ngannou is a scary lad

Ngannou is a real wild card, that guy could shut the lights out of the sun with one punch.
Jon might be able to keep his distance and he will certainly use his teep kicks and elbows to keep range better than most heavyweights but sh*t Ngannou is a scary lad

Oh no doubt, he's *in dangerous for anyone. I feel that Jones' experience would allow him to keep his cool when being bull rushed, he's usually very good at not only using his length but evasive skills to stay out of trouble. But yeah I wouldn't have my mortgage payment on Jones that's for sure.

Oh no doubt, he's fu**in dangerous for anyone. I feel that Jones' experience would allow him to keep his cool when being bull rushed, he's usually very good at not only using his length but evasive skills to stay out of trouble. But yeah I wouldn't have my mortgage payment on Jones that's for sure.
Doesn't anyone see Jon knocking Ngannou out? Unless he finds some crazy power at HW he hasn't been a ko bloke for a while. However he clearly beats him over 5, it's whether or not he can stay safe for the first 2 because after those technically he destroys Ngannou.

I wonder if he has a HW tune up fight or they throw him straight into a title fight. Surely if blokes like Garbrandt, McGregor and Dillashaw can get title shots Jon walks straight into one.

That would be a classy move that's for sure. And maybe he was waiting to see if DC won to see if they rematched at HW?
He's said a few times he doesn't wanna fight DC again because he doesn't wanna take away from his HW legacy, that was his division.
I don't think either would wanna drag up that tension from the past again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back