news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If he beats Leon then hes well on his way to a Jon Jones like career BUT this is a massive step up in competition. Leon should be fighting for a title, certified top 4 in the div, would beat everyone Chimaev has. Ive bet Leon at 2.59 and will continue to add until fight night so long as it stays > 2.40

Chimaev looks legit but cant have him that big a favourite over legitimate competition from a gambling perspective. They could have given him easier names than this one

If he beats Leon then hes well on his way to a Jon Jones like career BUT this is a massive step up in competition. Leon should be fighting for a title, certified top 4 in the div, would beat everyone Chimaev has. Ive bet Leon at 2.59 and will continue to add until fight night so long as it stays > 2.40

Chimaev looks legit but cant have him that big a favourite over legitimate competition from a gambling perspective. They could have given him easier names than this one
Really looking forward to this, more than anything else coming up in the near future. Chimaev hasn't exactly endeared himself to me but if he wins this we know we really have something special on our hands. Especially if it's in the same fashion.

Conversely, if Edwards wins he can get his career back on track, and be a legit title contender. Plus it's not a horrible loss for Chimaev so still leaves his options wide open.

Really looking forward to this, more than anything else coming up in the near future. Chimaev hasn't exactly endeared himself to me but if he wins this we know we really have something special on our hands. Especially if it's in the same fashion.

Conversely, if Edwards wins he can get his career back on track, and be a legit title contender. Plus it's not a horrible loss for Chimaev so still leaves his options wide open.
Not many fighters have exploded onto the scene like chimaev has. He wins this he gets a title shot. Incredible to think he was a short notice guy 6 months ago and with a win here hes PPV main event

Not many fighters have exploded onto the scene like chimaev has. He wins this he gets a title shot. Incredible to think he was a short notice guy 6 months ago and with a win here hes PPV main event
A rapid rise for sure, but Edwards is a win worthy of taking that step, so it's great match-making.

Holloway v Kattar Jan 16

Good luck Calvin
Haha it's weird cause arguably Holloway could have been 2-0 against Volk even though I thought it was 1-1 ( second fight Holloway)
Kattars gonna get smeshed. I think Volkanovski is incredible getting 2 decisions, don't think anyone else could do that to Max

Kattar has slick boxing and Max has taken incredible damage in his life. I wouldn't discount Kattar completely here
Can never discount anyone in MMA but I thought Holloway looked as slick as ever against Volk and it's only the incredible speed to close distance Volk had that every troubled him ( an the leg kicks) by the second fight Holloway kept him at range much better and really didn't take any significant damage. Holloway was still sharp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can never discount anyone in MMA but I thought Holloway looked as slick as ever against Volk and it's only the incredible speed to close distance Volk had that every troubled him (an the leg kicks) by the second fight Holloway kept him at range much better and really didn't take any significant damage. Holloway was still sharp.
I didn't think Max looked 'that' good, he just looked better than the first matchup where he looked awful. It wasn't an Ortega level Max IMO

Great main event though. 135-155 is so good right now. 170 is boring to me, Izzy has completed 185 and the 2 heavier classes have sucked for a bit outside 2-3 guys. Those 3 weight classes are carrying mma atm for me

I didn't think Max looked 'that' good, he just looked better than the first matchup where he looked awful. It wasn't an Ortega level Max IMO

Great main event though. 135-155 is so good right now. 170 is boring to me, Izzy has completed 185 and the 2 heavier classes have sucked for a bit outside 2-3 guys. Those 3 weight classes are carrying mma atm for me

Colby vs Masvidal the only interesting fight at 170 ATM, Usman is boring af and Burns ain't much better. Maybe Khamzat can be special.

Also just sounds like you think all divisions with a dominant champ suck which ain't true.

Colby vs Masvidal the only interesting fight at 170 ATM, Usman is boring af and Burns ain't much better. Maybe Khamzat can be special.

Also just sounds like you think all divisions with a dominant champ suck which ain't true.

Apparently Colby v Mas for TUF? TUF is tired and should be put down by now but their rivalry might be fun in the format then the fight after

Never said suck. 205 is uninspiring to say the least though, has been that way for a while now and HW just doesn't move quickly enough. Ngannou is box office and dude can never get in the cage for fights that make sense for him.

185 is a pretty good division for fun fights but when the champ has beaten who he needs to it does kind of take away some hype for me.

Hendricks was such a damn beast.. I actually find it sad to think that a chunk of his success came from using ped's.
didnt help that he didn't know how to diet well either

For anyone interested, Alex Perriera (KO'd Izzy in Glory) is fighting in LFA today. Worth a watch if you have nothing else on. Will be in the UFC soon

Should be able to find it online easy enough but PM if you need a link

Edit: dominated and faceplants his opponent with a left hook. Get him in the UFC now. Plenty of scrubs at 185 to develop. Could see him beating Till/Costa and the like within 12-18 months

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back