news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

I still don't mind him. There's not an over-abundance of good commentators out there. Him with DC annoys me...I think I'm just over DC. There's too much DC atm. I don't even bother with Ariel/DC now. Ariel interviewing just fighters was always great.
This. I love Rogan, but him and DC as a pairing just doesn't work. They are too "matey" together.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's a real wake up call seeing Tony Ferguson do weird s**t. Like, he's the weirdest person in whatever room he walks into. You couldn't be weirder, yet he managed to get married and you're single... what a kick in the plums :tearsofjoy:

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Am I the only one who cannot stand Cruz? I have to watch on mute when he's on. Felder, Bisping, Anik, Joe, that Brendon dude all way better, even DC when not with Joe.
I think his explanation of positions is excellent and he's very switched on.

None of them really bother me to be honest, I'm way too engaged in the fights.

Am I the only one who cannot stand Cruz? I have to watch on mute when he's on. Felder, Bisping, Anik, Joe, that Brendon dude all way better, even DC when not with Joe.
Nah I am not a fan of Cruz at all. He doesn't shut up and takes forever to explain anything. He'll spend 3 minutes analysing a simple left hook that happened 3 rounds ago.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Meh people complain about footy commentary, cricket commentary, UFC commentators etc. People just complain

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I really think Volkanovski should have fought before Max. If Max wins now everyone's gonna be talking about him and how he should be champion etc. If Volk had fought first and smashed say Ortega ( easier said than done) he gets that seperation from the fight and can set up his next one. Now Max can win and demand that 3rd fight before Volk can put the wheels in motion for someone else.

ab2zhujj8c761.jpg

Another name parts with the ufc. I'm a Pettis fan, but I don't hate the move. Hopefully he finds a good home.
They are signing some pretty high level guys atm

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I really think Volkanovski should have fought before Max. If Max wins now everyone's gonna be talking about him and how he should be champion etc. If Volk had fought first and smashed say Ortega ( easier said than done) he gets that seperation from the fight and can set up his next one. Now Max can win and demand that 3rd fight before Volk can put the wheels in motion for someone else.
If max wins, he probably deserves that title shot.

Scrap the Yair v Zabit matchup, get Zabit to fight Ortega in a #1 contender bout.

Yair can fight someone like Zombie or Kattar if he loses to max.

Max v Volk, winner then goes onto defend belt against winner of Zabit/Ortega.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
If max wins, he probably deserves that title shot.

Scrap the Yair v Zabit matchup, get Zabit to fight Ortega in a #1 contender bout.

Yair can fight someone like Zombie or Kattar if he loses to max.

Max v Volk, winner then goes onto defend belt against winner of Zabit/Ortega.
I think Volk deserves some seperation on Max though, completely unfair for him to beat a bloke twice no matter how controversially and to then basically have to immediately do it again

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think Volk deserves some seperation on Max though, completely unfair for him to beat a bloke twice no matter how controversially and to then basically have to immediately do it again
i mean yes in a perfect world I agree that we wouldn't be looking to book that fight for a 3rd time.

(btw I don't think there is much controversy amongst people who've rewatched, almost everyone i've talked to has it 3-2 Volk)

However when you look at the division it's hard to not justify giving max that fight. This Kattar fight was his step down, win this and you can't really deny him as the #1 contender coming off a win.

There's also no one else really commanding a title shot, Ortega is sort of hard to justify until he gets another win considering Max demolished him 2 fights ago. Zabit hasn't done enough to warrant a title shot. Yair and Zombie certinaly not. The current state of the elite featherweights sort of leaves no other options unless Kattar wins.

Back