news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Foot stomps are fine........I'd bring back soccer kicks and allow 6 to 12 elbows.
6 to 12 elbows yes.

soccer kicks no way

6 to 12 elbows yes.

soccer kicks no way
Agreed. The 6-12 elbow is a dumb rule. But the soccer kick is just ****ed. Seen enough of them in Pride, don't want to see them today.

Agreed. The 6-12 elbow is a dumb rule. But the soccer kick is just f’ed. Seen enough of them in Pride, don't want to see them today.
Yeah soccer kicks would almost turn me off watching it tbh

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
CCC has a degree in theology. Raised by an 'undocumented' mother (not sure if he had a dad).

Pretends to take himself seriously, but under the surface seems like a cool dude.

Champ in wrestling, crossed over into being a champ in MMA.

I hope he comes back.

Sooo... You don't believe he has COVID, and everything surrounding him and his current circumstance is an elaborate conspiracy?
Daniel Cormier had covid during one of his camps for the Miocic fight. He took a few days off and continued to train.

Granted....not everyones experience with covid is the same.....but having symptoms for 3 months?

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Daniel Cormier had covid during one of his camps for the Miocic fight. He took a few days off and continued to train.

Granted....not everyones experience with covid is the same.....but having symptoms for 3 months?
That's the understatement of the century. Did you know some, a few people have actually died from it as well?

The fact that half a million have died in the USA alone should indicate that it can be serious and even life-altering, particularly if you're not treating it seriously as he appears to be.

Khamzat recently posted a pic of a sink with blood spattered all over it - presumably from coughing so much.
His problem - as Dana has mentioned is, he's not taking the adequate time to rest and recover with the medication he's been prescribed and it's not allowing him to recooperate at all. He's training like a madman, going home and coughing up a lung and getting frustrated that he's not recovering at all like so many other fighters have.

Jan 11, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Whos some others? A whole stack on NBA players, tennis players etc have had it and are back to elite competition within days/weeks.

Chimaev seems to a very rare extreme. I think he fights by years end anyway
His coaching team needs to step up here otherwise he can risk screwing up his career. If he training like a madman and not getting any better he clearly needs to slow the training down. I know he trains with Gustafson but not sure if it on a full time basis or just fight camps

That's the understatement of the century. Did you know some, a few people have actually died from it as well?

The fact that half a million have died in the USA alone should indicate that it can be serious and even life-altering, particularly if you're not treating it seriously as he appears to be.

Khamzat recently posted a pic of a sink with blood spattered all over it - presumably from coughing so much.
His problem - as Dana has mentioned is, he's not taking the adequate time to rest and recover with the medication he's been prescribed and it's not allowing him to recooperate at all. He's training like a madman, going home and coughing up a lung and getting frustrated that he's not recovering at all like so many other fighters have.
The masses that have passed haven't done so purely because of covid....but because of other underlining issues that they've had with covid. Why do you think the elderly demographic have suffered the most out of this pandemic.

Now he wants to retire?!!?!?

'oh no...why?' 'don't...go'

Spare me the pantomime production.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The masses that have passed haven't done so purely because of covid....but because of other underlining issues that they've had with covid. Why do you think the elderly demographic have suffered the most out of this pandemic.

Now he wants to retire?!!?!?

'oh no...why?' 'don't...go'

Spare me the pantomime production.

Some are old, some have underlying health issues, and some are unlucky or simply negligent with their treatment and develop pneumonia-type issues.

It is what it is, mma tabloids more or less - if you're not interested in reading or discussing it, you're in the wrong place.

Some are old, some have underlying health issues, and some are unlucky or simply negligent with their treatment and develop pneumonia-type issues.

It is what it is, mma tabloids more or less - if you're not interested in reading or discussing it, you're in the wrong place.
Why else would I be here?

or even create the badge that you have in your profile (you're welcome)

Perhaps I should leave....

I've decided to retire from Bigfooty ladies and gentlemen....It's been fun.

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I get the feeling that Khamzat just continued to push his body way too hard (big ufc events and all). Instead of resting he kept pushing as hard as he could at training. Possibly made things more worse than they should've been. And now that the wonderful doctors have suppressed his immune system he possibly feels like his body just can't do what it used to.
Personally I think he fights again. He might just need an extended time away from extreme physical activity (1 year+). Just try and maintain as good of a level of fitness as possible without pushing it too far.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
It’s both though isn’t it.

Khazamat is one of very very few (from my understanding) young healthy people to have a seriously adverse response to covid, that’s doesnt seem odd to me, with the volume of people getting it at some point a relatively high profile athlete was going to have a severe reaction, statistically it was just bound to happen.

Whos some others? A whole stack on NBA players, tennis players etc have had it and are back to elite competition within days/weeks.

Chimaev seems to a very rare extreme. I think he fights by years end anyway
One of the jackson flogs from AEW wrestling got it pretty bad. “My cardio is finally back but it took months to finally feel like myself again.” There is more I've read that I can't remember. Will post them when I do.

Back