news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes.
Considering all the words that get thrown around by fighters it's a strange ass example to expect them to step in seeing as he hasn't done anything wrong.

Youre insinuating im calling for the guy to be fired.

Hes clearly not going to change his actions, its half his schtick. Id like an organisation like the UFC to show some professionalism and do what wed expect the AFL or NBA or any other organisation do and do you know what ill do when they dont?

Absolutely nothing, cause ultimately its pretty minor.

Jesus Christ mate.

Youre insinuating im calling for the guy to be fired.

Hes clearly not going to change his actions, its half his schtick. Id like an organisation like the UFC to show some professionalism and do what wed expect the AFL or NBA or any other organisation do and do you know what ill do when they dont?

Absolutely nothing, cause ultimately its pretty minor.

Jesus Christ mate.
Lol what's wrong with you?
I'm countering your argument pretty calmly and you seem to be losing your s**t. If you didn't want a discussion why are you posting about it?

Lol what's wrong with you?
I'm countering your argument pretty calmly and you seem to be losing your sh*t. If you didn't want a discussion why are you posting about it?

If you think saying "its average i hope the UFC makes comment" after two pretty poor taste comments on women in a few months from their fighters is a "gigantic overreaction" youre not being calm and its clearly not going to be any sort of discussion.

The whole "poor defenceless women" s**t was average as well if were being honest.

If id said "they should fire Colby and then draw and quarter him" sure bang on all you like about overreactions. In the mean time keep pretending there is gender equality and saying s**t like "i was balls deep in her" isnt degrading.

For what its worth id like to be able to defend the UFC as a sport i love to my friends that still think its in the dark ages, them remaining silent on this, doesnt help. Literally "we dont condone the language Colby used" is all im asking.

If you think saying "its average i hope the UFC makes comment" after two pretty poor taste comments on women in a few months from their fighters is a "gigantic overreaction" youre not being calm and its clearly not going to be any sort of discussion.

The whole "poor defenceless women" sh*t was average as well if were being honest.

If id said "they should fire Colby and then draw and quarter him" sure bang on all you like about overreactions. In the mean time keep pretending there is gender equality and saying sh*t like "i was balls deep in her" isnt degrading.

For what its worth id like to be able to defend the UFC as a sport i love to my friends that still think its in the dark ages, them remaining silent on this, doesnt help. Literally "we dont condone the language Colby used" is all im asking.

Yes of course or else how would anyone know what to think unless they were having it told to them every second of the day.

I am a big Colby Covington fan and when I heard that line in the interview, I was disappointed.

Didn't even bother watching the rest of the interview, which is rare for me.

Whether he is shagging her or not, to say something like that, it's just cringe on a whole new level.

We all say dumb s**t every now and then so I don't think he needs to be castigated for it.

Hopefully somebody close to him said something to him about it.

I'm not coming from the 'protect the women' angle either.

In fact I think there is way too much WMMA on cards these days. Don't even get me started.

It's just a s**t line to say in a public interview, about anybody.

Clearly an unsavoury thing for anyone to say at any time, but phantom13 is spot on in that in this current climate, the UFC can't have this sort of nonsense going on. Arguing that verbal warfare is part of the fight game and worse is said all the time is reductive and damaging to the UFC's broader appeal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting presser, slightly wierd. I'm looking forward to this. Doesn't matter who wins it'll be entertaining. Askren got a little face push in at the end. Good pic for promoting the fight.

Have always thought Jake Paul would win easily, likely by finish.

I think Bens just doing it for money, and because after the Masvidal fight the hate & trolling hes received is on such an unfathomable level he just doesn't really care about it.

Have always thought Jake Paul would win easily, likely by finish.

I think Bens just doing it for money, and because after the Masvidal fight the hate & trolling hes received is on such an unfathomable level he just doesn't really care about it.
The youtube dude has no cardio and despite Ben having bad striking by UFC standards, this dude isn't that high a caliber.
How many rounds is it? Bens experience alone can win him the later rounds...

The youtube dude has no cardio and despite Ben having bad striking by UFC standards, this dude isn't that high a caliber.
How many rounds is it? Bens experience alone can win him the later rounds...
We'll see. I think the odds are fair with Jake about $1.30 to Bens $3.

Jake's not that high level but he's been training with high level guys for a couple of years, even if he gasses I can't imagine Ben really doing much late.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back